• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well tomorrow at 7AM my only son (4.5 years old) will have an operation to have "ear tubes" put in to help with his ear infections.

Ear Tubes Procedure/Surgery Information on MedicineNet.com

I've never been put to sleep and no way any doctor is every gonna do it. They best administer local stuff or give me some liquor cause there is NO WAY I am going to be put to sleep. My grandfather did not wake up after being put to sleep and while I now know that it was not the "putting to sleep" that ended up killing him but his heart being too weak and way to damaged still the memory it is still too vivid.

In any case my mind is no racing and today at the last doctor visit he re-assured us that everything would be fine, it would take less than 10 mins for the operation and then 1 to 2 hours before he is released from the hospital. Still I'm scared ----less right now. :xmad::(

In any case if you have a chance kiss you little ones good night.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I had this surgery at the age of 27. Waking up from being under was the worst part. Definitely helped with the chronic Otitis Media.

Sending positive energy and good vibes your way, buddy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well tomorrow at 7AM my only son (4.5 years old) will have an operation to have "ear tubes" put in to help with his ear infections.

Ear Tubes Procedure/Surgery Information on MedicineNet.com

I've never been put to sleep and no way any doctor is every gonna do it. They best administer local stuff or give me some liquor cause there is NO WAY I am going to be put to sleep. My grandfather did not wake up after being put to sleep and while I now know that it was not the "putting to sleep" that ended up killing him but his heart being too weak and way to damaged still the memory it is still too vivid.

In any case my mind is no racing and today at the last doctor visit he re-assured us that everything would be fine, it would take less than 10 mins for the operation and then 1 to 2 hours before he is released from the hospital. Still I'm scared ----less right now. :xmad::(

In any case if you have a chance kiss you little ones good night.
    Good luck to the little one. I'm sure he will be fine. :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He'll do just fine. They gas him down briefly, not even an IV I don't believe. My son was away from our arms literally about 12 minutes. It's one of the most straight forward surgeries you could imagine. Bring some comfort toys he likes as he'll be confused and crying from the post-sedation recovery confusion and he won't know what that feeling is, so he'll cry.

Good luck!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    You got em buddy, I had tubes twice as a child. Had my adnoids removed on the first surgery (still have no idea what the hell an adnoid is) only bummer I remember is wearing earplugs and a shower cap to swim or shower, if that's still the case.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    (still have no idea what the hell an adnoid is)

It's a noid that's in ads....

avoid-the-noid.jpg

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Prayers going up. Between my five children I think we've had 6 or 7 sets of tubes. He should be fine. Lots of support from our brothers on here. Keep us posted.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    #1. I know it's only "minor surgery" when it's not happening to you or your own kids...

#2. I had them 2-3 different times when I was a young child. Wasn't any big deal that I can remember.

-J-

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You got em buddy, I had tubes twice as a child. Had my adnoids removed on the first surgery (still have no idea what the hell an adnoid is) only bummer I remember is wearing earplugs and a shower cap to swim or shower, if that's still the case.

My story exactly. Adenoids are like tonsils.

Prayers sent for Li'l jedi. Worst part is definitely the wakin' up. I threw up:puke: a pint of blood and mucus first thing after I woke up. I remember being impressed that the nurse could change my sheets with me in the bed. And she was quick too!

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    If he needs them, he's probably going through hell right now with ear aches. My sons went through the procedure. By the time you're settled into your waiting room chair, they're calling you. He'll be fine and next week, he'll be even better.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    keep in mind, the nurse's assistant's usually wear pink, i bet if you ask REALLLLLY nice, the may give you some pink scrubs to wear at the next M&S (or at least use as the boo boo award!)

Top Bottom