• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I was told hammered fired guns are better hosts compared to striker-fired. I ran my Rugged Alaskan off my Glock 17 just to see, and it worked and sounded great. I'm waiting to get my hands of a CZ Nocturne P-09 SR to see if DA/SA hammered guns really make a difference.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Better in what way? Suppression or reliability? From a suppression standpoint they can be a hair quieter if you can even hear it over the sound of the action cycling due to the fact that hammer mainsprings in addition to the force of the recoil spring keep the action closed for a fraction of a second longer than striker fired pistols. It’s all a bout the mechanics of the gun. From a reliability standpoint…..

BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    From a suppression standpoint they can be a hair quieter if you can even hear it over the sound of the action cycling due to the fact that hammer mainsprings in addition to the force of the recoil spring keep the action closed for a fraction of a second longer than striker fired pistols.
    Oh dang I didn't know about that between Striker-Fired and DA/SA. I take it this fraction of a second is hardly noticeable?

The tales I've heard told about better suppression and reliability were all from Beretta 92 users, which makes me think that it could be conflated that all hammer fired semis are better. I've read all over that Beretta 92s are great hosts, but IDK if the same shooters would say the same about a suppressed Sig P226 or CZ. I'm hoping someone here would know more.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My Glocks have run fine suppressed, as well as a 1911. The only gun that I’ve ever had any issues with was my CZ SP01 tactical. It wasn’t fond of Federal 147gr due to the flat nose on the bullet, so basically an ammo issue.

Like someone else said, I don’t really suppress pistols anymore. It makes it really bulky, and I’m just not a fan. My pistol can lives on an Sig MPX SBR, and only gets removed to go on a MP5.

It’s probably been 4 years since that can has been on a pistol. Ear pro while shooting a rifle sucks. Not a big deal with a pistol.

Just my 2 cents.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I had heard and read in the past that the Beretta 92 is a good reliable suppressor host so I have a 92 variant set up for one when I get my suppressor home. I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 ordered but am without a host as I’m unsure of what I want to put a suppressor on in 45acp. I’m not a big fan of Glocks and striker fired pistols so……

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I’ve got several threaded pistols. My favorite with a can is probably the Beretta M9A3. Smooth as silk with my Erector 9.

That said, I’ve had nothing but luck with my Glocks, Walther PDP Pro, M&P 2.0 Core Steel frame (that’s a mouthful), 226, 509 Tactical, Shadow Systems MR920, and VP9 Tac. Probably others too that are slipping my sleep deprived brain.

I wouldn’t overthink it. If it runs, run it.

BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I’ve got several threaded pistols. My favorite with a can is probably the Beretta M9A3. Smooth as silk with my Erector 9.

That said, I’ve had nothing but luck with my Glocks, Walther PDP Pro, M&P 2.0 Core Steel frame (that’s a mouthful), 226, 509 Tactical, Shadow Systems MR920, and VP9 Tac. Probably others too that are slipping my sleep deprived brain.

I wouldn’t overthink it. If it runs, run it.
    How's the Erector 9 sound? I was thinking of getting one since they're on SilencerShop for about $600ish

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    How's the Erector 9 sound? I was thinking of getting one since they're on SilencerShop for about $600ish
    That’s where I got mine. They were running a free tax stamp on them forever.

It’s great, I love it. Quiet, light, and modular. I’ve got both pistons, cherry bomb mount, and the tri-lug adapter.

It ended up costing me a fortune though, because it was the gateway drug that drove me down the Q rabbit hole :laugh:

BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    That’s where I got mine. They were running a free tax stamp on them forever.

It’s great, I love it. Quiet, light, and modular. I’ve got both pistons, cherry bomb mount, and the tri-lug adapter.

It ended up costing me a fortune though, because it was the gateway drug that drove me down the Q rabbit hole :laugh:
    I was wondering about it's acoustics, Pew Science never did a review on them. I figured it should at least be on par with a AAC Ti-Rant. It certainly looks cooler. I'm also thinking on a Dead Air Mojave since the baffles seem interesting.

Top Bottom