• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    due to the recommendations on this forum and the fact i was dropping friends off at the airport, I made a detour to PSS on the way home. i wasnt in there very long, probably less than 10 minutes, but here are my thoughts:

1) from my quick scan, they had a fair selection of both handguns and rifles, including probably 10 ARs of various make and caliber.

2) their prices are seem to be very good. they had a glock 26 brand new for under $500, which isnt bad based on my quick internet research. the corresponding fobus holster was only $22, which is 4-6 dollars cheaper than what most places charge for fobus holsters.

3) i wasnt greeted immediately, as the workers were engaged in conversation with other patrons. but i was helped in less than 2 minutes, which is better than other stores i have been in (perhaps i dont look the part?) where i had to stare longingly while tapping on the counter to even be acknowledged.....

against my better judgement, the glock 26 followed me home. :ar15: i made sure to tell the gentleman (i didnt get his name) how i heard of their store :ingo: and that i enjoyed shopping there, if only for a few minutes.

my first glock and my new CC weapon to replace the PT145 I sold. now i just need to find the time to try her out.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Most excellent.

I also picked up a new Glock 26 from Bob @ PSS about a week ago or so. Best price I had seen for just the basics.

INGunOwners - iamaclone45's Album: Handguns

I have a few pictures with the magazine extensions in my gallery.

Oh by the way... please drink.....

picture.php

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad you had a good experience at Plainfield. I usually hate going in there, because Bob and the gang are too nice to me and I usually leave them a lot of money, and go home with some nice iron, or sometimes iron and plastic! :D Nice having a store like PSS in the area!

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    i guess im lucky i live north of indy, or i would be there and at bradis even more often!

While I didn't buy my Glocks from Bob, I've been buying from him since the late 80's. I live in Hamilton County and to me it's well worth the drive for what you can save on the price different from what the gun shops north of Indy sell for. Hope you like the 26. :thumbsup:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hate working NE of Indy. There are no good gunshops I can go to during lunch or just getting off of work.

Perhaps franchise PSS?

Are there any multi-store (non-Gander) local gun shops? Don's guns used to be, with their 38th, 96th, and near Greenwood Park mall. (Did I miss any?) Not that I would EVER wish Don's Guns or the like back on us. But at least it did sort of legitimize the business of guns by being in more than one place and having a TV presence. TV makes issues real for the sheeple.

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Glad to hear you made it to PSS. I have only been in there a half dozen or so times but have bought 4-5 guns from Bob and company.

Besides having great prices, he is a genuinely good guy. I was in there asking him to order me a S&W Gunsite edition. I told him I was getting ready to go through the Gunsite course in Boone County and had always wanted a 1911 that was a Gunsite Edition. He told me to hold on and he went into the back and came out with a customized Colt commander that had been sent to him from the gunsmith at Gunsite. He told me this was a "real Gunsite gun" and sold it to me for nearly the same price as the S&W.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I used to call Bob from Iraq and tell him when I'd be home and what I wanted. He always delivered and was a pleasure to deal with. I know I paid his house payment for a couple of months:ar15:

Bob

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Bob and his guys are great. You'll notice that almost every time you're in there the employees are engaged in conversation with a "regular".

There's a reason they are regulars. As you said, you were greeted relatively quickly. They're great about that.

I don't know how many times I've been in there and someone walks in and you hear these famous words: "You need anything/any help buddy?"

Bob treats you right.

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    My first PSS purchase was just what I was lookin' for!

Okay first I have to admit, I was bitten by the go buy an AR bug. (Thanks O'bamaman). But the point is when it was quite difficult to find one, i looked around (Bradis, Fort Liberty, PSS) and a few others Im not gonna mention. When i asked Bob @ PSS about what i was looking for, he said just call me from day to day, its no bother. So I called for the next 3-4 days, and finally he told me he got 2 Colts, in that day. So of course I said can you hold it till 6 P.M. He replied Im sorry but How long will it take you to get here, he said I can give you an hour. In about 15 mins after closing my business for a short time, I whip in to PSS. And he was a man of his word.... A beauty, Colt ar-15, i got to choose between two models and got one hell of a price, even a couple free mags. And as I was wrapping up my deal, the other piece flew out the door faster than i could blink. All in All... PSS, and Fort Liberty are great places to shop. If I'm giving up my hard earned money I'm giving it to them!!!!!:ar15:

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Let us know how that little G26 performs! I have been eying them for awhile now.

:hijack:

Is there any question on how it will perform? :dunno:

It's a glock...it's awesome...it will perform flawlessly time and time again with accuracy, consistency, and reliability. :):

(Yes, I just jacked the thread and probably started a Glock debate!...all in good humor of course!):cool:

BTW: Good run down of PSS. I haven't made it there yet, but hoping to stop by soon. I keep hearing good things and not enough hours in the day. And excellent choice on the 26!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    :hijack:

Is there any question on how it will perform? :dunno:

It's a glock...it's awesome...it will perform flawlessly time and time again with accuracy, consistency, and reliability. :):

(Yes, I just jacked the thread and probably started a Glock debate!...all in good humor of course!):cool:

Well, it is a tiny gun... they don't do the same as their larger brothers...

george

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    plainfield shooting supplies is the best. bob always tells u the truth even if it may not be what you want to hear. also they don't make you feel stupid if your not the most knowledgeable. not to mention the fact they have great prices.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    i guess im lucky i live north of indy, or i would be there and at bradis even more often!
    I live south of Indy(50 miles)and I still manage to spend quite a bit there at least once a month:)Always busy ,but always friendly and asking you if they can help you. Worth the drive :yesway:

Top Bottom