• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Alaska. One year deployment USAF 70-71. Had a great time.
    Been to Canada 5 times bow hunting black bear..
    Mexico twice......ain't going back.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Twenty-one days on the Pacific Ocean (B-o-o-r-r-r-ing!):(
    Okinawa (Overnight stop on way to BSA on board ship-USNS H.J. Gaffey)
    Beautiful Southeast Asia (Pleiku, Qui Nohn):shady::alcoholic:
    Phillipines (R&R=I&I):D:yesway:
    Japan - For about 30 minutes on way home from BSA
    Herzogenaurach, Germany (Herzo Base)
    Augsburg, Germany (Flak Kaserne)
    Hockenheim, Gemany (Auto Race){Was there when Jimmy Clark was killed}
    Dachau (CZ), Ulm (Munser Cathedral), Germany
    Germany/Austrian border (A BIG OOOPS!!!!):eek:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    the Bahamas
    Sydney Australia
    Mexico

I'd love to hit some spots in South America, Asia, Africa, and a few in Europe (Prague, Budapest, a few places in Denmark).

Costa Rica Pacific side. Want to return and stay. Beautiful place and the most friendly people.

Mexico Zihuatanejo. Beautiful scenery people were not friendly.

Wales. Stunning place when its not raining. We have friends that live so we will go back. The history there is amazing.

I thought the people in the Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo area were pretty friendly. Nothng like in the Bahamas or Australia but I didn't feel like people were being pleasant simply because we were spending money.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Canada, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, France(Paris), Italy(Rome), USSR(Moscow & St. Petersburg)

USSR in 1989, Gorbachev was top dog and Yeltsin had been elected Mayor of Moscow. You know in the Tom Clancy novels how he describes spontaneous applause when the planes take off from the USSR for the West? It happens.

BTW the guards at Lenin's tomb carried SKS's.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Chicago years ago, New York not to long ago, Italy (Aviano) also made stops in Venice, Rome, and Pisa, Crossed the border into Austria but that was it (when we got lost), Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Canada (I'm from here)
    Most of the continental US
    Alaska
    Hawaii
    Australia
    England
    Ireland
    Scotland
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Sweden
    Spain
    Japan
    Thailand

I'd still love to make my way to Central/South America, South Africa, Egypt, Dubai and Eastern Europe, but places like Mexico, Brazil, and Egypt are much too dangerous to travel to at the moment, which makes me sad. I think the Marine roomy who's spent the last 8 years of his life in the Middle East would feel the need to follow me over there if I attempted a trip to Dubai or/and Egypt.

Also plan to make a diving trip down to Cuba soon before it opens to American travel.

Last edited:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    After my military journey I got a job in field's services which had me traveling a lot. I'll list what I can remember.

For my Job, non-military: Canada, Jamaica, Trinidad, Surname, Curacao, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, South Africa, Dubai, Turkey, Russia, Japan, Singapore, and Australia.

For vacation: Dominican Republic, Aruba, Curacao, & Grand Turk.

In my military service: Way too many to list... I was in the Navy.

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I spent 10 years in the Military and due to my career field I never left the good ole USA. Started this job in 1993 and have since been to:

Israel - 9 times
    Wiesbaden, Frankfort and Heidelberg Germany
    Luxembourg
    Paris France
    London England
    Egypt

I saw Israel from top to bottom. It is truly an experience I will never forget. I hated Paris. I did enjoy the hover craft ride from Paris to England. I liked Germany and didn't get to spend enough time in Egypt to see much.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    "other than the United States". That would rule out a lovely little island at the far end of the Aleutians.

Well, Eritrea (when it was still a province of Ethiopia), Lebanon, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Germany, and France - all on Uncle Sugar's tab.

Canada and Mexico, of course.

Do Kentucky and West Virginia count?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I always find it interesting to see where people have been other than the United States. I always feel I have a unique oppurtunity to be travelling. So whos been where and what did you like/hate about it.

Japan: alot of fun really busy
    Korea: 2 years of work sucked but korea is awesome alot of culture.
    Turkey: Only been here a short while but very interesting how western and middle eastern culture mix.

and I cant wait to go to Spain next. :thumbsup:

I had the same thoughts on Turkey.

AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    The only place I have been that I hasn't been mentioned yet- Israel. Really cool to see all the history and walk where Jesus walked.

Edit to add- looks like someone else mentioned Israel in the incredibly long time to type my comment. I blame mt son because I could only type between rounds of our video game!

Last edited:

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I would be hard pressed to leave the US. My rights here seem to be in jeopardy. How the hell would I know what my rights are in another country? There are tons of places here that I have not seen yet. People always say that "as long as you stay at the resorts Mexico is great". So who is responsible for my protection when a cartel member or corrupt cop shows up? The hotel manager or the concierge?

Top Bottom