Places in Indy to Buy Black-powder Revolvers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I started my quest to purchase black-powder revolvers for gaggle of (now adult) nephews for Christmas.

Stumbled across a Colt NIB Pocket Dragoon of 1849 and a Remington New Army Model (aka 1858) yesterday at RamZ's Emporium in Lafayette, so 2 down, several to go.

I know that is a huge business in mail order, but as my purchasing agent (aka my dad) is enthusiastically on board with this scheme, I now can shop Indianapolis and will give him a reason to leave Wayne Township.

Any places in Indy have in stock black-powder revolvers for sale? Thank you in advance.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A deal was made today but have questions about what I have.

Top: Pietta .44. I know it is ahistorical what what model did I buy?

Bottom: Colt repro Navy 1851, how to tell if this is C or F model?

1728139500340.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Jan 19, 2009
    The differences and history on the Colt second generations is explained on the Colt forum far better than I can here. As I remember Colt started making these in the 70s and there have been various iterations up to present times. Your Pietta is one of those really nice ones that they make in limited amounts with engraving and plating. The 44 caliber 1851 was always something Colt toyed with, but never made it into production. That hasn't dampened the popularity of it today. Enjoy both!

Top Bottom