• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Lived around Muncie in Delaware County for 4 years still can't find a decent place to hunt. Land owners either don't want to let u hunt or a couple of guys have exclusive permission on thousands of acres. I don't really like public land never had much luck and I just don't trust people. I don't think I can wear enough orange on public ground. Just want to have a little place to chunk a arrow at a deer or two. Anyone out there want to share or know of a farmer looking to let someone hunt let me know. Very responsible hunter and would love to find a nice spot.

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    Bowhunting public land isn't bad.
    See some deer, hunt new ground, maybe meet some nice folks (did in the parking areas last yr).
    Overall a pleasant experience.

+1 I have only hunted public land. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing, but I still have fun.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    FWIW, how you approach landowners makes a huge difference and you may not even know that the way you are approaching is putting them off. As a landowner I've dealt with all sorts of people wanting to use my property and a lot of them have no idea they are either putting me on guard or annoying me. And I am sure that's not their intention, but it really is an art to be able to get to know people when you want to use a resource they own.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    In todays fast paced world I think the "speedy" approach many put forth to be a bit offensive.

Another hint: Arriving in a Toyota with IU sticker might not get permission when the farmer has Purdue plates on his Chevy.

;)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    When groundhogs were in good supply I burned a lot of time and $ hunting them for farmers.
    I'd roll up in a beater Jeep, politely ask who owned the field and 90% of the time got permission.
    I hammered the chucks all summer and most farmers gave me permission to hunt other critters.
    I've also helped fix equipment, roof and do other stuff for them, sometimes when I went up for a hunt.
    Earn your keep :)

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    I get approach but I find a lot of ground if already sown up. Hard to find a farmer or someone with land that hasn't already given it up. Although I may have found a lead tonight. A farmer just getting into farming still renting land. HE DOESNT HUNT!!!!! Plus for me. His wife dropped their kid off to spend the night so I asked about hunting. She said her hubby don't hunt but she would ask if he would let me. Oh and to ice the cake she said they have a lot of coyotes to get rid of. I said would be more than happy to rid u if them as we'll.

Top Bottom