• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Im setting my truck up now... well be live from the exhibit in about 45 minutes on Channel 8 WISHtv

After watching the segment my son and I went down this morning. Wow it was something to see. These are truly works of art. The private collectors that presented today was very interesting. They were very happy to answer questions about what they had collected.

We took advantage of the free gun value assessment provided today. That was really cool. We could have just sat right in that spot all day and watched what people brought in. One guy in front of us showed up with a pre civil war musket. They said he could expect between 6k to 8k for it. Thing looked like you could take it out and shoot it today. It also looked like it would kill you to carry around for a afternoon much less a war.

Getting to listen to Micheal Dubber who was the guest Master Engraver was really neat. He had a couple of revolvers he had customized before on display. One cost the his customer 25k. His speciality is Colt firearms. He has a two year waiting list.

The pistols that were in the main display we truly amazing. I not sure if a tour like this would bring all of the same collection in to one venue in a year or two from now. I would only imagine that some of the families and or estates would prefer to have these items under their own control. Getting to see several Presidential custom revolvers that belonged to Nixon, Ford, JFK & LBJ was just so cool. But I have to say that Ronald Regan's was my favorite.

Thanks again for the heads up of your coverage today.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    My daughter and I went today. Gorgeous firearms!! Wish I was able to take pictures. If anybody has a couple of hours you should really go see this exhibit.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I stayed on the Circle at the Columbia Club last year. Seemed pretty safe to me :dunno:

Do you know something I dont? lol

Old post I know but I worked at the Columbia Club for year's (left like a year ago last December) and the circle is fine and safe. Other spots in the area are a different story though.

Top Bottom