Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    After an evening and early monring:

13.8% of younguns prefer revolvers.
    20.0% of middle-agers prefer revolvers.
    32.6% of old farts prefer revolvers.

Not scientific (but still better then a USA Today or Wall Street Journal Poll). We might be seeing a sort of trend here. Seems that old guys are wiser and have better taste in weapons. ;)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    When my choices were the 1911 or similar pistols, my first concealed-carry was a Charter Arms .38 (this was when I was in my 30s). For the past 10 years, I've carried a Glock.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    27, and it's a toss up between my SP101, Sig P238, and Kimber Tactical Ultra Carry II if I'm feeling like a pimp. I voted revolver because that's currently what I have on. Most days it just depends on which I grab first off the top of the fridge on the way out of the house.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    24, I carry a Taurus 85 Total Titanium.

I've carried a good variety of pistols from XDms to full size 1911. I bought a CZ-75 and OC'd that for awhile, but it just didn't fit/feel right. I bought back the above Taurus that I had sold and have carried that ever since. Just feels good, and I like that I can throw it on in athletic shorts, bathing suits...pretty much whatever/whenever.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    1911 OC or CC. A good belt and holster is a must on heavier guns. Shoulder rigs (Hume)in cooler weather. I like the wider shoulder straps on the Hume.
    I carried a SP101 for a while but I got a piece of sweater in the cylinder cogs and it locked the revolver up. Cylinder wouldn't spin at all. Back to the 1911.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    30-49 crowd and definitely semi auto pistol. Almost always my Glock 19, but if I can easily leave it OC without getting kicked out of somewhere then it's the 17 RTF2. Can really CC that with just 1 shirt on. Just a little abrasive. Although, I've done it many times.

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    Over 50 (69)

It is up to the weather as to what I carry.

If it is hot out, I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT and 2 NAA mini revolvers in 22 mag.

If it is light jacket weather I carry a Star Firestar Plus along with the minis.

If it is heavy coat weather I carry a pair of the Stars and the minis.

I am never without the minis.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Geez, it's good to see I'm in the "final" group. Ugh!:(

I notice all the popularity over revolvers with autos, hmmm, I figure if I can't do it in five shots, it ain't worth carrying.:):

I use to carry an auto when I was younger, and all it got me was tired from carrying it's weight.:D

R3COIL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    NWI
    Age 31 - Glock 19.
    Not too heavy, 15+1, and she eats anything I feed her without any complaints.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    40 something here.

Auto -XDm compact

Carried 5-shot revolvers for many years until recently switching to the auto.

My choices had nothing to do with age. I have really small hands and until the XDm (and it's blessed #1 small back strap) I could never find any powerful & modern (read not mouse gun or cocked/locked) pistols that fit my hand correctly. There were a few close ones over the years -Kahr being one but none that felt perfect while hitting all the right notes in every other area.

Springfield really got it perfect with the XDm line....except for the .45 which retains the fatter grip size of the XD line (even with the #1 installed). Glock didn't go quite FAR ENOUGH with the grip reduction with the Gen4 series -still too fat.

:( For the most part the gun world craps on us small handed shooters.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    Age 56
    When I first started carrying, nearly 30 years ago, I started with a S&W m66 revolver. After a couple years I migrated to the 1911 style and have never gone back. The J frame is a good gun, as are the modern plastic pieces, but I dearly love the 1911 platform and look upon it as near perfection.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom