• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I got a new safe this weekend. My father bought a much bigger one at Dicks's. So he gave me this one for free. I thought I'd post some pictures of it, and decided to put some other pictures on here too.
    Safe.jpg

opensafe.jpg

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Congrats on the new safe. Consider bolting it to the floor. It's really easy for a thief to break into a garage, slide the safe into the back of his truck and take off with the whole thing in just a couple of minutes.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Nice safe but like was said before bolt it to the ground, mine are bolted to the floor and the wall behind it. Just sayin!! :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it. For my house, the best place to put the safe was in the attached garage. I figured since its heavy, the concrete floor would have been the best instead of the wood floor in the house. I wanted it in my gym so I could look at it while I'm resting in between sets.:)
    I do plan on bolting the safe. But I'm thinking about making a heavy stand to put under the safe. I hate bending over to take things in and out of it. I think I can come up with something pretty cool at work, its a machine shop. Then I'll start to bolt it all down and proper.

Thanks for the comments on the guns. Nothing fancy, Mossy 500 .20 gauge, Mini 14, Marlin 22 mag, King Cobra .357 magnum, and glock 19 and 21

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Don't forget to run a golden rod or something to dehumidify the inside of the safe too...especially important in a garage that is probably humid.

I'm jealous of the garage, that looks like a lot of extra space!

Top Bottom