• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I had the chance to do some shooting today with Lars and Pami. We had a great time.

The money shot :): (gear from left to right)

Glock 19 - ran

Sig 226 - ran but consistently shot a bit to the right for me (sights issue maybe? could always be me but I didn't shoot to the right with the others) and slide wouldn't lock back? I'm no Sig expert so I don't know why. Maybe someone here has an answer.

Sig Mosquito - did not run (ammo related?)

HK USP - ran

78545278aj9.jpg

Pami

84885847ay0.jpg

23369520sn2.jpg

Lars

68980600la7.jpg

Lars with the Zombie :n00b:

28957383xp0.jpg

Fenway

19148390wc8.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Fen that last pic of you looks very much like your avatar!

Once we get some nice weekends I keep saying I'm gonna get you guys down to Brown County. . .

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ya, they are both pics of me at indoor ranges shot from my best side :):

Looking forward to Brown County. I love that place!

Fen that last pic of you looks very much like your avatar!

Once we get some nice weekends I keep saying I'm gonna get you guys down to Brown County. . .

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If you can fit that HK of yours in there with the light/laser I'm sure we can get the Canon through the door :lmfao:

Yeah, a little ;)

If the range isn't real busy, the Canon Rebel XTi would be even better still. but with a bunch of people there, it's a bit large.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    heh.... The HK isn't THAT huge......
    Maybe with the laser/light it is...... We should have slid that on the front of your Glock 19 to see if it would stop running. I have no doubt the Sig would continue to run.

That's a heavy pistol. I like it.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    It's really really easy for me to cause a Sig to not lock open by shooting with a high thumbs hold. I ride the slide lock because of it's location. Maybe that's the reason?

Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    Fun! If I would have own they allow for photos in the range I would have snapped some off when Tyler and I went :) I like popguns. Thanks for sharing those photos! Looks like fun times were had by all!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    It's really really easy for me to cause a Sig to not lock open by shooting with a high thumbs hold. I ride the slide lock because of it's location. Maybe that's the reason?

My hands are too little to hold my thumbs that high... Fen checked my grip. I'm at least 1/4 to 1/2 inch below the slide lock. We think it just needs to break in. The last couple mags I put through it seemed to have the slide lock back. It was just the first three or four that didn't lock.

PS.... what was I thinking when I said I was happy with a 22???? The 9mm is SOOO much better!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    We had a good time. Every experience I've had with any of the employees at Pops has been good. The guy that introduced me to the Mosquito didn't have any qualms about telling Lars that his opinion didn't matter much, if we were looking for a gun for me, I needed to be comfortable with it and able to operate it without him. :D The only thing I don't like about the range is that the people area is so small. There isn't a lot of room for you to lay your gear out, and if it's busy, you're constantly stepping around people to get to your lane. And that concrete pillar in between lanes 3 and 4 is darned annoying. I do have to say, though, purchasing a membership is completely worth the money. You can make the cost back pretty fast if you shoot there often (and we do).

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I've been dry firing at a Tactical Response "precision pistol target" across the living room from me for the last hour.....

I can't wait to get back to the range.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

That is what I was thinking. I love SIGs, but I can never get them to lock open on the last shot because I am too used to riding a 1911 safety with my thumb.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Sig Mosquito - did not run (ammo related?)

I can't say I'm surprised by this. I really wanted to get one when they first came out (I mean c'mon, pre-threaded barrel!) a few years ago, but I always hold off and let the first round adopters of any firearm try it out first. In this case, I'm glad I did because boy howdy the Mosquito has had problems. Have you tried CCI Stingers, or some other .22lr round with more oomph? Mosquitos are very, very picky about the ammo they feed, you just have to keep trying different brands until you find something that works.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    With the CCI Stingers it runs 99% of the time, Which for a .22lr semi auto isn't bad.

We tried some cheap Aguila ammo that was in theory High Velocity. two of three boxes did not run. The ones that did smell exceptionally funny and I'm not sure I want to shoot a bunch of them.

So... time to order a brick of Stingers.

Top Bottom