• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Try to make the pic smaller, but it wasn't easy; I never found a simple sizing solution, but here is my try:

Thats not going to fly here OK......A bit to rowdy.

Good job anyway.

My apologies.
    I had seen some pics here on a thread that were "breast" oriented and since it was meant in a humorous spirit, but I thought it might be a bit over the top, sorry.
    When you are getting old you begin to see humor in the ads that are used to get a man's attention, not that it doesn't get one's attention. :laugh:
    I'm old but not dead yet. :oldwise:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Here is a safer pic from a car club I belong to (S2KCA).
    I still didn't see how to resize it except for changing the numbers like: 2000 x 1000
    I have a feeling that the sizing has to be addressed when you download your pic to your computer?

5vyPF4A.jpg

And, my son's car:
    cKuMjkK.jpg

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I also didn't really see anything on IMGUR for sizing. I think you're correct that the easiest thing to do is to size it on the computer, then upload it to IMGUR.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I also didn't really see anything on IMGUR for sizing. I think you're correct that the easiest thing to do is to size it on the computer, then upload it to IMGUR.

1. Which means if it is an older pic, you have to learn how to go back and resize it.
    2. I'll just stick to changing the numbers on Imgur (1300 x 600, for example); I'll finally get the hang of what "numbers" match what sizes of pics.
    3. Thanks for the feedback!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    When I go to my pics on Imgur and click on one I get this screen:

imgur-1.jpg

In the lower right hand corner is a box labeled Sizes. Clicking on one of them changes the size of the pic in the links above it, excluding the top one which is labeled Image Link. That is a link to the pic without any code or resizing. Once you choose a size you then click on the BBCode link copy button.
    I think you have the rest as far as how to post it.

Does this screen not come up when you click on the pic you are wanting to share?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When I go to my pics on Imgur and click on one I get this screen:

imgur-1.jpg

In the lower right hand corner is a box labeled Sizes. Clicking on one of them changes the size of the pic in the links above it, excluding the top one which is labeled Image Link. That is a link to the pic without any code or resizing. Once you choose a size you then click on the BBCode link copy button.
    I think you have the rest as far as how to post it.

Does this screen not come up when you click on the pic you are wanting to share?

1. I cannot believe I did not see that in the bottom corner: I would swear it did not show up on my screen, Ha!
    2. I'm at work so I can't play with it right now but I will first thing at home.
    3. I'm on break with my phone with very slow load up capabilities so I can't do it now but thanks muchly!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't see the same thing, oddly enough. I did find that if I go into images, there is an auto resize drop down that lets me change resolution, but I don't see anything like the above images. Is this on a phone, or computer? Not sure why I'm seeing something different... :dunno:

Nevermind, found it... :n00b:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Testing. Using small square on Imgur.

hg9k9gIs.jpg

testing using large square on Imgur.

hg9k9gIb.jpg

small thumbnail size.

hg9k9gIl.jpg

I think I like this size: small thumbnail.
    I could do with a little smaller but this was the progression.

And, yes, were in Maine a couple of summers ago.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone have a clue how to do this from app on android phones? I dont have a computer and have always used my phone. Now photobucket has finally shot me down ive tried tinypic and imgur but all it does is post a link. Im trying to get a pic up in one on my for sale ads as it has been deleted once and im reposting but like i said above its only giving links. I have zero options with imgur for all the bbc stuff mentioned up thread. All i can do is copy to clipboard and that just gives a link. With tinypic it shows a link for forums and says jpg but it to only shows up as a link. Any help using android phones would be great! Took me a year to figure out photobucket and now have to start all over and so far not working well

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anyone have a clue how to do this from app on android phones? I dont have a computer and have always used my phone. Now photobucket has finally shot me down ive tried tinypic and imgur but all it does is post a link. Im trying to get a pic up in one on my for sale ads as it has been deleted once and im reposting but like i said above its only giving links. I have zero options with imgur for all the bbc stuff mentioned up thread. All i can do is copy to clipboard and that just gives a link. With tinypic it shows a link for forums and says jpg but it to only shows up as a link. Any help using android phones would be great! Took me a year to figure out photobucket and now have to start all over and so far not working well

Are you copying the BBcode when you get the share links on Imgur

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have no option for bb code on imgur only tinypic says anythin about forum code. Not sure if its just because im using an app for phone or what. Ive been trying to find this bb code on imgur for over an hour

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 589400

Looks like i finally figured it out

1. I know the feeling.
    2. I was where you are a week ago.
    3. Now it is no problem posting pics, takes more time to download from my phone to cmp then put where I can find them on the cmp.
    4. What I'm not sure how to do is to put a pic I have uploaded onto Imgur into an email.
    5. Maybe it's not meant for that, but it would be handy having pics where you have access from any cmp.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Well now it just bit me in the arse. Trying to add photo same exact way to another one of my posts but says file is to large:ugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom