• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am going crazy.
    I used to be able to upload 5 pics if I wanted to using the "insert image" and uploading from my cmp.
    When I tried doing it for my Walter ad last evening, I could only load 3 pics and I had issues doing that, b/c I wanted to load more.
    This evening, when putting in an ad in for my Ruger LC9, I could only load up 1 pic and it didn't want to do that, but after 5 tries, it did.
    Never could upload the 2nd pic.
    I tried this and that.
    I don't know if it how I'm saving the pics or what.
    I have no issue uploading on another site: strange.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have similar problems. The current system does not work well, nor intuitively. I find I have to load it to an album on my UserCP first, but that process does not work consistently. I have no problems on taurusarmed.net or marlinownwers.com, but I always have trouble here.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have similar problems. The current system does not work well, nor intuitively. I find I have to load it to an album on my UserCP first, but that process does not work consistently. I have no problems on taurusarmed.net or marlinownwers.com, but I always have trouble here.

1. Thanks for the feedback!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Use IMGUR and you don't need to worry about those issues. System only has so much space for hosting pics is my guess, so they limit what you can upload. Using a free service like IMGUR let's you upload as much as you want to that site and on the forums here you just post links.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I ended up just copying the pic and pasting it in and not using the "insert image" provided.
    The pic ends up being huge, but it works.
    I'll look into the IMGUR now.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Went to imgur
    Registered
    Loaded up a pic
    Now what?
    It didn't have a "save" the pic was there but no directions on how to to upload it to another site.
    I'm sure there is a URL you are supposed to copy and paste into INGO (like using photobucket) but it wasn't on the page I was on.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    (I am doing this on a computer not a phone or tablet. It may be different on them.)
    Click on the picture you want to share. On the right side are a bunch of links. Click the copy button next to the "BBCode" link. Go to your post on here and then paste the code. Select preview post button below your post. It should show up. If you're done then click submit. A word of warning it will show the picture in it's native size. You may need to resize the picture before uploading it to Imgur.

The BBCode link will look something like this minus the *'s.
    [img***]https://i.imgur.com/azQfAhG.jpg[/img]

Removing the *'s gives this:
    azQfAhG.jpg

I hope this helps.

edit: Imgur has added some links in the lower right hand corner below where you select what code to copy. These change the code slightly and let you choose different sizes. Experiment with the different sizes to see which one best suits your needs.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Move your mouse over the image, once loaded, there should be a down arrow looking thing that you click for options. Choose "get share links" and it'll bring up some options to copy. As Dan said, choose the BBcode (forums) link.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    (I am doing this on a computer not a phone or tablet. It may be different on them.)
    Click on the picture you want to share. On the right side are a bunch of links. Click the copy button next to the "BBCode" link. Go to your post on here and then paste the code. Select preview post button below your post. It should show up. If you're done then click submit. A word of warning it will show the picture in it's native size. You may need to resize the picture before uploading it to Imgur.

The BBCode link will look something like this minus the *'s.
    [img***]https://i.imgur.com/azQfAhG.jpg[/img]

Removing the *'s gives this:

I hope this helps.

edit: Imgur has added some links in the lower right hand corner below where you select what code to copy. These change the code slightly and let you choose different sizes. Experiment with the different sizes to see which one best suits your needs.

1. I left clicked on the image I put in Imgur
    2. the "codes" came up,
    3. I clicked on the BBC link.
    4. I went to my Classified and clicked "edit" then went to "insert image" in the "from URL" and pasted it in there.:
    5. Nothing: it said "invalid file"
    6. I tried the BBC code (message boards and forums) and Linked BBC code (messaage boards)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You don't use insert image. You just paste it into your post. It'll be something like

{img]https://i.imgur.com/Rhe0g2G.jpg[/img}

I replaced the brackets that will make it an image so you could see it. If you replace the { and } above with [ and ], it will display my linked image if pasted into a post. Like so:

Rhe0g2G.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I did what you said replacing the brackets with parenthesis:

gWsrTDH.jpg

(img]https://i.imgur.com/gWsrTDH.jpg[/img)

But nothing happened: no magic.
    I know I must be doing something stupid wrong. :bash:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Trying again:

WXG4TwG.jpg

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, I didn't even have to change the brackets, but just had to save it, and it appeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.
    Can't wait till I sell another gun so I can try it out.
    This size of pic I put on original, and I sent it as a large , I think when the phone gave me choices b/c it was 1/2 the size of the other choice above it???????

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Congrats on getting it to work. If you have any more questions or problems just let us know.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on getting it to work. If you have any more questions or problems just let us know.

1. I'll have to play with sizing b/c I thought I put all in the same size but one was bigger than the other two.
    2. I'll probably forget how I did it by the time I need it again, that's the way it was with Photobucket.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Glad doddg got it to work, but does anyone in the :ingo: administration see the problem this presents to the user base? If it is so complicated to post a photo how is the membership supposed to grow? How is the membership supposed to continue to use the classifieds? Doddg had to be coached through the process, and it took several attempts with specific instructions on how ad adjust the post before he could make it work.

Compare this to Marlinowners.com, Taurusarmed.net, Levergunscommunity.com, etc. One simply pastes in a photo and the work is done. If you want this site to prosper, fix it, my friends. Taurus USA is not the only place that needs to improve its customer service.

If one cannot post a photo, one cannot buy/sell here. Major handicap for the site. Yes, the classifieds is not the only reason to be here, but it is an important reason to all of us. Again, if you want this site to prosper, posting a photo must be made simpler.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Glad doddg got it to work, but does anyone in the :ingo: administration see the problem this presents to the user base? If it is so complicated to post a photo how is the membership supposed to grow? How is the membership supposed to continue to use the classifieds? Doddg had to be coached through the process, and it took several attempts with specific instructions on how ad adjust the post before he could make it work.

Compare this to Marlinowners.com, Taurusarmed.net, Levergunscommunity.com, etc. One simply pastes in a photo and the work is done. If you want this site to prosper, fix it, my friends. Taurus USA is not the only place that needs to improve its customer service.

If one cannot post a photo, one cannot buy/sell here. Major handicap for the site. Yes, the classifieds is not the only reason to be here, but it is an important reason to all of us. Again, if you want this site to prosper, posting a photo must be made simpler.

I disagree. I didn't take the time to look it up, but there are numerous threads discussing this topic, some with step by step instructions. In this day and age, using a free hosting site like IMGUR, tinypic or something similar is a skill everyone should have, or learn. The storage and bandwidth of those images isn't free for the owners of the forum. Making a change like that could be costly or introduce other headaches. I don't know for sure, as I'm not an admin or mod, but when options like IMGUR exist and are easy to use once you've been out there a couple times, changing the way things are doesn't seem to be needed. Just my :twocents:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I disagree. I didn't take the time to look it up, but there are numerous threads discussing this topic, some with step by step instructions. In this day and age, using a free hosting site like IMGUR, tinypic or something similar is a skill everyone should have, or learn. The storage and bandwidth of those images isn't free for the owners of the forum. Making a change like that could be costly or introduce other headaches. I don't know for sure, as I'm not an admin or mod, but when options like IMGUR exist and are easy to use once you've been out there a couple times, changing the way things are doesn't seem to be needed. Just my :twocents:

Why use a second party hosting site in the first place? Again, look at the time and effort doddg had to put into learning to post a photo. Other sites seem capable of making the task intuitive and simple. I do not use photo bucket (never did) and I have no interest in setting up an IMGUR account. I suspect I am not the only one who does not want to deal with setting up another account on another site. Like you, Just my :twocents:. I have no bone to pick. Just wonder why this site prefers to make things difficult, when others make it so simple.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom