• ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Is that a digital paint job I see?
    Yes it is. I was in L Trp 3/2 ACR at the time. Here is an article on it with a photo of my tank "L27". (M60A3, despite the article specifying it as an M60A1) )

https://www.militarytrader.com/mv-101/dual-texture-gradient-camouflage-pattern

Here is a copy of the original photo. (summer 1982 at Graf)

(correction due to 42 year old memory) Photo was taken with my old 110 camera by my TC, the 2nd Plt Sgt SFC Gary Anderson. (Nam vet) That's me in the driver's seat and Pfc Sumpter (the loader, and complete idiot) in the TC hatch. I have shared that photo online before, and somebody must have found it for the article. I'm in the FB cold war group.

Posed shot.jpg

For scale, those squares are 4". We hade to paint them with brushes and cardboard stencils.

Last edited:

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Forget all about SolidWorks and get a free Onshape account. Until you pay for a subscription, everything you design will be public, but it’s a great way to learn the software and the online help and tutorials are outstanding. Take a close look at the picture I uploaded. Check out the red and white SolidWorks sign in the background.
    I'll check that out but I already have 2 suites of SW at work. Basically one of my largest customers uses it and to use their drawing formats it made it much easier to get SW. Just trying to get use to 3D modeling and instead of 2D.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yes it is. I was in L Trp 3/2 ACR at the time. Here is an article on it with a photo of my tank "L27". (M60A3, despite the article specifying it as an M60A1) )

https://www.militarytrader.com/mv-101/dual-texture-gradient-camouflage-pattern

Here is a copy of the original photo. (summer 1982 at Graf)

(correction due to 42 year old memory) Photo was taken with my old 110 camera by my TC, the 2nd Plt Sgt SFC Gary Anderson. (Nam vet) That's me in the driver's seat and Pfc Sumpter (the loader, and complete idiot) in the TC hatch. I have shared that photo online before, and somebody must have found it for the article. I'm in the FB cold war group.

View attachment 373467

For scale, those squares are 4". We hade to paint them with brushes and cardboard stencils.
    Yeah, painting those was a b****. I was G Trp 2/2 ACR early 82 to early 85. G38 was my ride, M60A3 the first part and M1 the last 9 months. Kinda had the feeling you were a fellow cav trooper.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    For the last few years I have had a triple monitor setup, like many featured here, doing Quality Assurance work at home. But after many months of job searching (due to previously being grandpas caretaker and resigning from that role) I finally was offered a job today. So I can’t post a picture yet, but will soon have many to post since it is field based with our Dept of Natural Resources. Finally again will be in a position that follows my passion.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Best I can do because they actually employ people who have nothing better to do than scour the internet looking for employees posting pictures. As if the Chinese didn't steal their production secrets decades ago.
    View attachment 373442
    Early 90s I was on the property working for Bell repairing a damaged cable in the floor of the building they rolled stainless in. It was shut down at the time to change out the rollers.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Yeah, painting those was a b****. I was G Trp 2/2 ACR early 82 to early 85. G38 was my ride, M60A3 the first part and M1 the last 9 months. Kinda had the feeling you were a fellow cav trooper.
    If you ain't cav... you ain't :poop:.

Do you remember your border knowledge?

Frag Rep: Any occurrence on or near the border, the consequences of which could logically be expected to lead to death or injury to US or allied personnel, or damage or destruction to US or allied property.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    If you ain't cav... you ain't :poop:.
    Do you remember your border knowledge?

Frag Rep: Any occurrence on or near the border, the consequences of which could logically be expected to lead to death or injury to US or allied personnel, or damage or destruction to US or allied property.
    Yep! :D Quite often followed by I am cav so I'm :poop:
    Quite a bit of it, even today if I see something interesting I'll send an imaginary spot report. Loved border duty, volunteered for every patrol I could.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom