redneck_swiss_army_gun.jpg

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

Interesting thing about this pic (even if it is a joke): The sights on this pic are on the same side as the port for the shell casing. From what I was told, holding the gun (gangsta style) originally came from shooting sub-standard firearms and ammo and the gun wouldn't cycle so they had to hold it so that the casings would drop out. Bits of tid...

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Interesting thing about this pic (even if it is a joke): The sights on this pic are on the same side as the port for the shell casing. From what I was told, holding the gun (gangsta style) originally came from shooting sub-standard firearms and ammo and the gun wouldn't cycle so they had to hold it so that the casings would drop out. Bits of tid...

The casing ejects to the right side. If we assume a right-handed shooter, then the gangsta sideway grip would require the casing to be ejected straight up. This is not what you mean, is it?

It seems to me that drive-by shooting would be easier with the sideway grip, if your target is on the driver's side. Imagine reaching over to your left side with your right hand. It's harder to maintain a vertical grip. Sideway is more natural. I don't know about recoil, though. Which way would the muzzle jump to?

Maybe we should go to a range and experiment with various drive-by shooting techniques.

Da Bing

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Well, I guess I had to chuckle when I saw the picture because from what I have been told, the gangsta grip came from shooting sub-standard firearms/ammo. That being the case, the sights should be on the other side of the gun, correct?

Again, I know the picture is a joke, but I'm kinda OCD that way. HA!

BTW, It drives my wife crazy whenever we watch a movie and I sit there and take it apart for flaws. :n00b:

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana

The casing ejects to the right side. If we assume a right-handed shooter, then the gangsta sideway grip would require the casing to be ejected straight up. This is not what you mean, is it?

It seems to me that drive-by shooting would be easier with the sideway grip, if your target is on the driver's side. Imagine reaching over to your left side with your right hand. It's harder to maintain a vertical grip. Sideway is more natural. I don't know about recoil, though. Which way would the muzzle jump to?

Maybe we should go to a range and experiment with various drive-by shooting techniques.

Da Bing

Well, I guess I had to chuckle when I saw the picture because from what I have been told, the gangsta grip came from shooting sub-standard firearms/ammo. That being the case, the sights should be on the other side of the gun, correct?

Again, I know the picture is a joke, but I'm kinda OCD that way. HA!

BTW, It drives my wife crazy whenever we watch a movie and I sit there and take it apart for flaws. :n00b:

Actually the technique at a more of a 45 degree angle allows the brass to fly back into the car leaving less evidence for da police! TV, movies and gangsta rap put more of a tilt on the gun.

Top Bottom