• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Took delivery of my new used M&P9 the other day.

Decided to whip it out and play with the camera. :D

PC150024.jpg

PC150020.jpg

PC150027.jpg

PC150023.jpg

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Did you go with just the sear and not the USB? I started that way on my 9C, but the stacking drove me crazy. The USB cleaned it all up. I've done the Apex treatment to 3 of mine, but the trigger I had done by Dan Burwell is still the best I own.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just the sear, yes.

Having it polished makes a difference, too.

I didn't cut my teeth on nice single-action 1911 triggers, either...

-J-

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    Great photos! Do you have photography experience or just good at taking a nice picture?

The M&P looks great and I love CRKT knives, I've got a Hammond Cruiser tucked behind my belt as I type this.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nice pics,,,, Nicw S&W

Thanks!

Very nice pics !

Gracias, senior.

Great photos! Do you have photography experience or just good at taking a nice picture?

The M&P looks great and I love CRKT knives, I've got a Hammond Cruiser tucked behind my belt as I type this.

Thanks. I do have "photography experience", yes. Just lots of picture taking on my own, though. No formal training of any kind.

Key to taking good photos: good lighting and a tripod to steady the camera. Can get away with much less ideal lighting if you use a tripod!

As far as the CKRT: was a birthday present for me last year. And I've carried it about 20 days since Nov 2009. THAT particular knife is too big for my tastes. Also, the little hilt nubs / open assist nubs are TOO big and TOO rough. If there was ONE of them it'd be a better knife. This knife just doesn't work very well for me at all. Plus I'm not a big fan of the dual locking system. Just give me a nice liner lock and be done with it. :n00b:

But it makes a great photography prop. My Gerber MK I knife is too marred up to be a good subject, and my big Buck 110 just doesn't go well with a new fangled polymer wonder-nine. :D

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Nice pics. My 9c is my favorite gun to shoot. I am going to get a fullsize M&P to match my M&P9c. I am trying to decide between the 9mm 4.25" or 5". Or maybe I should "sack up" and get a fullsize .45ACP.....I can't make up my mind!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nice pics. My 9c is my favorite gun to shoot. I am going to get a fullsize M&P to match my M&P9c. I am trying to decide between the 9mm 4.25" or 5". Or maybe I should "sack up" and get a fullsize .45ACP.....I can't make up my mind!

My desire for the full-size began during a training class I took this past summer. I felt I ran my compact better with a FS mag + X-grip.... duh.

So I recently sold some stuff to fund the new/used purchase and viola!

:+1: Glad to see you got your new toy, J. Have you had opportunity to run it, yet?

I wish I had the opportunity to shoot it! I'll probably have to break down and go to PopGuns at some point in the next few weeks. *sigh*

-J-

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Did you go with just the sear and not the USB? I started that way on my 9C, but the stacking drove me crazy. The USB cleaned it all up. I've done the Apex treatment to 3 of mine, but the trigger I had done by Dan Burwell is still the best I own.

I went the same route. I ended up putting the OEM striker block spring back in as the trigger was a little too light for my tastes with the one that came with the striker block. Polishing the bar helped too. My overtravel is almost zero; I just wish I could get rid of all the pre-travel... sigh.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Indy_Guy_77 said:
    I wish I had the opportunity to shoot it! I'll probably have to break down and go to PopGuns at some point in the next few weeks. *sigh*

-J-

You might have to make a trip out to the west side next week and give it a try at MCFG. :D

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I went the same route. I ended up putting the OEM striker block spring back in as the trigger was a little too light for my tastes with the one that came with the striker block. Polishing the bar helped too. My overtravel is almost zero; I just wish I could get rid of all the pre-travel... sigh.

You can bend the trigger bar to engage the sear sooner, and reduce the pre-travel. I haven't done it, but I've read several places where people have had some success doing it.

Top Bottom