• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you feel about Classified Firearm adds with no Pic?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i always put pics of my items unless its a lower of mags or ammo. but alot of people request pics of the bore wich i completly understand but as hard as i try i never get the pics to turn out. mabye its the camera. probably its me

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    My big gripe is Photobucket, wife has blocking software that Photobucket is listed as a questionable site due to some of their users questionable photos.

I use ImageShack, free and it's not blocked.
    So how about setting up a generic INGO account for ImageShack so all classified photos may be uploaded to it.

You can just uploads photos into an album in your INGO profile and then click on the photo and copy the address at the bottom and use that. So, no need to use an outside site...

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Not entirely true. We don't mind questions and answers in the thread itself. The problem arises when that information should have been included in the top post to begin with. For example, if you leave out pictures, then someone has to ask for pictures, then you post the pictures. That's two bumps and one OP. What we don't want is unnecessary conversation in the threads.

This thread might help:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/30890-off-topic_comments_in_classified_ads.html

I stand corrected. As a general rule I try to not post anything in the thread that can be be answered via PM's. Going forward I will answer any questions that are posted within the thread, thanks for pointing this out.

Personally I almost always post pics, unless there is some reason why It doesn't make sense to. Also, there have been several occasions where someone asks a question in the thread that the answer is in the original post, the person just didn't bother to really read the description to start with. Perfect example, the P99 I'm selling clearly states that it is the AS trigger model, yet someone asks what trigger configuration it has. I politely sent him a PM and gave him the answer. No need to call him out in the thread.

If there is something important left out, I will likely just edit the original post.

Last edited:

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I guess the rules of the classified section have changed in the last few days??? I don't have 50 post count yet, but have always been able to look at the classified section, now it's saying i have to have 50 posts to "participate". I know i cant buy or sell, but that doesn't matter, i just like looking! Guess i can't even look now

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I guess the rules of the classified section have changed in the last few days??? I don't have 50 post count yet, but have always been able to look at the classified section, now it's saying i have to have 50 posts to "participate". I know i cant buy or sell, but that doesn't matter, i just like looking! Guess i can't even look now

The rules haven't changed recently. You can always LOOK at the classifieds, you just can't post there until you have 50. If you're saying you can't even look, then it's probably because you ignored the recent forced post that required you to review the classified rules before continuing.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I didn't ignore anything on purpose, but thats not to say i didn't realize I did it. Can i fix my mistake??? I like window shoppin in the classifieds

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I will not have a phone with a camera. In fact, I believe my job prohibits it as I could potentially get in trouble under HIPPA regs.

I have a Sony Cybershot digicam for taking pics.

Josh <><

Oldcoyotedream

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    West Side Indy
    OK it takes a little effort to take my gun out of the safe and get the camera, set the correct settings on the camera, take the pic's, put the gun back in the safe, download the Pic's to my PC, Upload the Pic's to the INGO site, start a new thread, copy and paste the Pic's from my album to my new thread!!! And for all that gut wrenching effort that took me all of 8 minutes - I say thank you to all that has contacted me and has acquired my guns through trade or purchase!! I also thank those of you who take the time to post pic's with your adds as it certainly makes a difference!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom