• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you feel about Classified Firearm adds with no Pic?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Oldcoyotedream

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    West Side Indy
    What is your comments about Members who post guns in the classifieds without Pic's.

How many of what angles and/or close ups do you prefer?

Do you care either way, does it matter?

Do you just ignore it because there is no pic?

Lets hear it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'll still read it, but much less likely to even consider the deal without pics.

Prefer overall pics of both sides, as well as any other unique features of the gun. Bore/champer pics are nice as well.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Pictures or examples of what the guns look like. Also pictures of damage or whatever.

I also hate it when people ask questions in threads and people don't update the threads to answer it for everyone, they jsut send one PM to answer the question.

hunt3rsd3n

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I understand issues when people can't upload pix. However, when it seems the same people do it as a habit, then I just pass them by. If you value your item, then take the time to advertise it with said pictures. I hate the phrase, "looks like every other ...". When you go into a gun store, how often do you order out of a catalog without pictures or sight unseen? A gun is a gun is a gun is not the case. Some people throw them around in glove boxes, holsters, and tool boxes and others store them away in a safe and never fire them. Point is...you want to sell something, then take pride in your ad and use it to sell your item. I have had several surprise inspections when I go to purchase and the gun is not what was stated. A picture does tell a 1,000 words.

Take a minute or two and upload clear pictures of your item. You don't have to publish a book, but show both sides, the items that come with it, and any defect known to the seller.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    What bothers me more than no pics is when they put " PICS ON REQUEST"

I seen an add by a former member with this in it , I sent a PM telling him i was intrested send me some pics ...
    I get a reply

"I am not taking pics for pic collectors , I will only send pics if you are REALLY interested "

I sent him a PM back ...sorry you can keep it , I was only intrested not REALLLY intrested , and if i wanted to collect pics of firearms I'd take pics of my own I'm sure mine are nicer anyway ....LOL:D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    for me it depends on the gun. if its a 870 express in new shape or a stripped lower i really dont need pics. ive seen alot of custom 10-22s with no pics and it drives me nuts

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Pictures or examples of what the guns look like. Also pictures of damage or whatever.

I also hate it when people ask questions in threads and people don't update the threads to answer it for everyone, they jsut send one PM to answer the question.

I answer the question via PM. Questions and answers posted in the thread all count as bumps, per the site rules.

Another thing I have never understood is the "PM Sent" phenomenon. I have never felt the need to post a "PM Sent" to let the person know to look up at their notifications to see they have a PM. Just me.

As far as pics go, yes they are certainly necessary on anything more than something very vanilla or basic. I try to post hi-res pics from a couple different angles so the person can clearly see what they are getting.

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have bought a couple guns from online classifieds that did not contain pics. I bought them based on the sellers' descriptions of them. That said, I've had to turn down a couple deals after seeing the actual gun when the seller had told me how good it was...:rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The funny thing is, most people seem to go out of their way to include pics of their ammo for sale. That's the one thing you probably don't actually need a picture of. Trying to get people to post a picture of just about any other item in the classifieds, though, is like pulling teeth!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Questions and answers posted in the thread all count as bumps, per the site rules.

Not entirely true. We don't mind questions and answers in the thread itself. The problem arises when that information should have been included in the top post to begin with. For example, if you leave out pictures, then someone has to ask for pictures, then you post the pictures. That's two bumps and one OP. What we don't want is unnecessary conversation in the threads.

This thread might help:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/30890-off-topic_comments_in_classified_ads.html

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    For marketing purposes, good clear photos certainly help. Should they be made mandatory? Probably not because some may not have a working digital camera and others may not have the ability to post them.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    For what it's worth, if I'm looking for a particular firearm, price is my 1st consideration. I already know what it looks like from the factory and rely upon the seller's description of condition. I'm interested in functionality not necessarily pristine condition and normal wear & tear is expected unless specified NIB. I will not buy a beater unless the price reflects that accordingly.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I have bought a couple guns from online classifieds that did not contain pics. I bought them based on the sellers' descriptions of them. That said, I've had to turn down a couple deals after seeing the actual gun when the seller had told me how good it was...:rolleyes:

The best is when the sellar tells you how wonderful it is and then you drive an hour and a half (in my case- suppose it could be a lot more) and find out it is a POS. Love that. Most of my deals from here have been absolutely wonderful, but there's always gonna be the d__ckheads.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I like seeing pics unless it is a standard Lower, shotgun, or say a stock Glock. Although pics would be preferred on those, it is not necessary.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I answer the question via PM. Questions and answers posted in the thread all count as bumps, per the site rules.

Another thing I have never understood is the "PM Sent" phenomenon. I have never felt the need to post a "PM Sent" to let the person know to look up at their notifications to see they have a PM. Just me.

As far as pics go, yes they are certainly necessary on anything more than something very vanilla or basic. I try to post hi-res pics from a couple different angles so the person can clearly see what they are getting.

An legitimate question asked by a prospective buyer with a answer back to that question is well within in the scope of the classified rules.

Think of it, if one person is asking it, then there is more than a probable chance that more are thinking the same thing.

My big gripe is Photobucket, wife has blocking software that Photobucket is listed as a questionable site due to some of their users questionable photos.

I use ImageShack, free and it's not blocked.
    So how about setting up a generic INGO account for ImageShack so all classified photos may be uploaded to it.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    indybeerman said:
    So how about setting up a generic INGO account for ImageShack so all classified photos may be uploaded to it.
    Because the people who find excuses NOT to include pics will find excuses NOT to use that service either....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom