• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    but some weird s*** is going down in my neighborhood and I started to feel like .45 might be a little better than 9mm

:yesway:

Though I feel, as many do, that any handgun is there to buy you time to get to your rifle/shotgun - having the bigger bore for when things get hinky is not a bad idea. I have a pf9 9mm that I carry 90% of the time, unless I'm going somewhere were trouble is statistically more likely, then I carry the Glock 30 (soon to be a .357). Hickock did the same thing. Carried his .36 caliber revolvers when things were normal, switched to his .44s when he was expecting trouble. That's the kind of advice that doesn't get old.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Here she is...

1911-1.jpg

1911-2.jpg

1911-3.jpg

:D

<3

better looking than a glock hehe:D:draw:

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Heh sorry; couldn't resist the friendly jab @ the Glock kool-aid folks.

Honestly I had the G19 bought and on delay, but some weird s*** is going down in my neighborhood and I started to feel like .45 might be a little better than 9mm - and for a .45, I wanted a 1911.

I know the Taurus isn't an "awesome" 1911, but from the reviews, it's definitely a "good" one and since I can't afford a Kimber right now... The Taurus came home with me.

I can't find any damn .45 ACP ammo so I can't get it to the range yet, but it will be soon. :D

Wow Jon what part of town you live in. I know there was a shooting pretty close to me which does make me nervous. Jim

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    You're REALLY close to the shooting; I know exactly the one you're speaking of.
    Actually Commanche and Beck is closer to me!!!! By the way Congrats on the new Taurus. I may need to hit you up at the range a shoot it once. I have been thinking of getting one. Nice Guns. Jim

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Actually Commanche and Beck is closer to me!!!! By the way Congrats on the new Taurus. I may need to hit you up at the range a shoot it once. I have been thinking of getting one. Nice Guns. Jim

No problem; I'd be happy to let you have a shot or 8 with it. Once I get a few mags through it anyway... :ar15:

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Woooohooo - my first time shooting with a 1911 (or a .45 at all for that matter). WOW. This is a keeper. Less perceived recoil than the various 9mm's I've fired, and .. .it's a .45! Put 100 rds through it - 50 Federal and 50 Fiocchi.

So very happy I went with a 1911.

Mr.Guido

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I wish Glock would make a 1911, it would be awesome. Something other than that moldy-stick-of-butter looking weapon they been making now for decades, and I'm glad they still do! Don't get me wrong. Anyways, Nice lookin' Taurus though! Congatulations on the purchase. Thanks for the pictures.

It's hard to beat that "moldy-stick of butter looking weapon , why F-Up a success ??
    but if they could make a 1911 as reliable as all the rest of their guns , yes I would have one too !

red91vert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Congrats on the nice glock, got one very similar too it, except I got the wood bullhead grips, have about 400 rounds through mine. I have not had one hiccup feeding or ejecting and shoots some amazing groups for a "cheap" factory gun, definitely a keeper.

Top Bottom