Picked up my first 2 Mosin Nagants tonight!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snowden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    "Mosins are cheap!" they told me, and I agreed with them at first. Then I started buying Finns.

JJenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    I was at Cabelas in Hammond yesterday. They had 22 91/30 there. $149 each. I didn't look close at them all, but the 4 or 5 I picked up and looked at seemed to have been counterbored.
    I did not see any spam cans of ammo there.
    I have an M44 and love it. Picked it up at the last 1500.
    Going back in June to get another one. Probably a 91/30 and some more ammo...

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    Wait till you shoot it. Just about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on . The recoil is highly exaggerated.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Wait till you shoot it. Just about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on . The recoil is highly exaggerated.

1943Izzy either forgot about the color change for sarcasm or I would make a note never to trade punches with him. The recoil will not put you on your butt but it has more of a kick than my 12g shotgun did. My :twocents:

JJenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    I couldn't wait to shoot it! On the way home from the 1500 we stopped off at Willow Slough and shot it and my buddies 91/30. We didn't even clean the cosmoline off of them yet.. Mine worked great, my buddies had the "sticky bolt syndrome" prolly cause it was not cleaned yet.
    Recoil wasn't too bad, made me respect the soldiers that used these or any of the old military rifles though.
    The fireballs from the M44 add to the fun!!!

Top Bottom