• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I picked up a RIA 9mm for my girlfriend to start shooting USPSA and IDPA with me. She wanted to give a 1911 a try and 45 ACP was a little much to start out with for her. Changed the grips over to a set that came off my Colt rail gun.

Looking forward to getting it out to the range. Also going to pick up some mags this weekend at the 1500.

003-1.jpg

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    VERY NICE!!! Hope she enjoys it! Looking forward to the range report! My wife, too, prefers something smaller while shooting! I'm thinking about getting her one in .40...but the 9mm might not be a bad choice from a cost perspective!

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    I am very interested in a range report. I have been looking hard at the same gun for a month or so. Can't find enough 45 for my 1911's which I will always prefer to shoot over other autos. Have a ton of 9mm just begging to be launched from a 1911:D

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Went to the range on Sunday afternoon. Gun ran 100% on ball ammo with about 100 rounds fired. Girlfriend put about 90 rounds though it and I shot the last 10 or so rounds. I also had my Colt 1911 in 45 ACP on hand and the 9mm was a lot easier for her to shoot.

I will say that an investment in quality magazines is a must. The magazine that came with the gun is not very good.

I plan on shooting an IPDA match with it next month, then it will become her USPSA single stack gun.

Top Bottom