Picked up a new WWII rifle today! :) :) :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    :rockwoot: Im pretty stoked! Today I was able to pick up a new rifle, and I blame it all on the WWII D-Day shoot!

Found a National Postal Meter M1 Carbine in my town of all places! After shooting one at the D-Day shoot it was immediately added to my 'must have list'. There are LOTS I dont know about this rifle, so Im out to find out everything I can. Right now my biggest question is where the heck did that sling come from? It has some kind of chinese (or who knows) characters on it??

Anyway, I cant wait to get out and put some lead down range. :ar15:

Pictures:

npmm1c1.jpg

npmm1c2.jpg

npmm1c3.jpg

npmm1c4.jpg

npmm1c5.jpg

npmm1c6.jpg

npmm1c7.jpg

npmm1c8.jpg

npmm1c9.jpg

npmm1c10.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Those are standard markings indicating that it has been de-milled and should not be fired for safety reasons..........wait for it.......obvoiusly I am just kidding I have no idea what they mean. I'm a little mean spirited because I am so envious! Nice looking piece of history there. BTW when is the next WW2 shoot. We may have to put one together ourselves.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    oh, I think it was been reworked at an arrsenal. I think it has a later safety, different stock, wrong barrel band, and later rear sight. Other than that the rest appears to be original USGI.

as for another WWII shoot, all we have to do is find a place/time to have it! ;)

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    After looking closely at the characters they look to be Korean, and from the look of the insignia it may either be from their Marines or Navy.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    That is a beautiful carbine. I shot mine for the first time yesterday and had a great time. Very accurate and very little recoil.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    From my limited experience... USUALLY an "Asian" script that utilizes lots of circles is Korean. But, I've only worked with a few Korean engineers a few times and have seen their native script even less.

But SWEET rifle!!!

-J-

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well, how much I paid is my little secret ;)

I find that CMP prices are usually very good compared to the available market, and you can pick up a similar NPM M1 Carbine at CMP for 479 (Rack grade) to $575 (service grade). I would put this one at around a service grade rifle. The finish shows its age, but everything is there and in good shape. Shape lands and grooves, and its a shooter.

I paid less. :)

Top Bottom