• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    OR......

They could reduce the amount of paperwork they need to process, rather than hiring more government employees. Maybe reduce their restrictions? Could even just shut down the BATFE. Then they would have 1/5 MORE than they need.

As much as I hate waiting, I can't see signing a petition for MORE government spending to enforce laws/rules I don't agree with.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I have a strong feeling those laws you do not agree with are not going away anytime soon. And if it gives one more honest person in society a job, I'm ok with it. Signed

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have a strong feeling those laws you do not agree with are not going away anytime soon. And if it gives one more honest person in society a job, I'm ok with it. Signed
    Just be sure this 4x increase in the number of BATFE jobs comes out of your taxes, and not mine. I'm taxed enough already.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    No it's not, there is 17,000 +members on this board. I've also seen links to this same one on other boards that have even more members yet, only 500 have signed it.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Just be sure this 4x increase in the number of BATFE jobs comes out of your taxes, and not mine. I'm taxed enough already.

The money to paid for an increase in employees should come for the $200 tax paid each time tax stamps is purchased or transfered. I don't have an exact number, but I'm sure there is a lot of money collected by the NFA Branch from tax stamps.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The money to paid for an increase in employees should come for the $200 tax paid each time tax stamps is purchased or transfered. I don't have an exact number, but I'm sure there is a lot of money collected by the NFA Branch from tax stamps.
    Should, be I'm sure it won't. If it did, the massive increase in "participants in the voluntary tax process" would have already paid for it.

Their budget has already doubled in 10 years to over $1 BILLION dollars (http://www.atf.gov/publications/factsheets/041411-factsheet-atf-staffing-and-budget.pdf), but their number of employees has stayed roughly the same.

The number of tax stamp applications (and the associated money) has more than TRIPLED in 7 years. They saw 826,393 last year, and had 264,622 in 2003. If they were using income from tax stamps to fund the processing of tax stamps, they could have been hiring folks all along. (sources are: ATF Fact Sheet - Facts and Figures (FY 2009) and http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/ar/2003/2003-accountability-report-complete.pdf).

Instead, we see their BUDGET skyrocketing, their REVENUE skyrocketing (via stamps), their workload increasing (more applicants), but their staffing remains static. So, where is all the money going? Why aren't they using what we already give them to do their jobs? Why do we need to give them even more?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As I said in another thread linking to the signature page, instead of adding more government to make the infringement easier to take, how about making buying "short" rifles, silencers or sound compensators, and full auto weapons un-infringed?

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed means no length issues, no noise issues, and no rounds per trigger pull issues.

Do away with the "F" in ATF and institute the supreme law of the land. Saves time and money!

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    As I said in another thread linking to the signature page, instead of adding more government to make the infringement easier to take, how about making buying "short" rifles, silencers or sound compensators, and full auto weapons un-infringed?

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed means no length issues, no noise issues, and no rounds per trigger pull issues.

Do away with the "F" in ATF and institute the supreme law of the land. Saves time and money!

I'm 100% behind this, but don't see anyone in the government having the balls to purpose this. If they are going to make us go through the process over and over. There has to be a way to speed up the process, like not sending finger prints ever time.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I'm 100% behind this, but don't see anyone in the government having the balls to purpose this. If they are going to make us go through the process over and over. There has to be a way to speed up the process, like not sending finger prints ever time.

It sounds good on paper, but not really practical. I have a decently common last name and have had to jump through hoops several times in my life because of people with my first name, last name, and middle initial have screwed around... Probably doesnt help that one of the yahoo's lived 20 miles away and was only a few months older than me.

I think prints help cut down on the head aches; I mean, lets face it, government agencies are terrible at paperwork and lead to large quantities of waste (both in the time and money side of things).

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I think we just need to cut the fingerprints going to the FBI and then you would speed up on lost shipping time and check time at the FBI.

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    You mean that someone actually gets paid for the service we receive? Just kidding, please do not shuffle my applications to the bottom. Pending when hell freezes over!

Top Bottom