• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhantomJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm up for the road trip. I'll chip in gas for whomever I ride with.

Uhhhh... what state are we going to, again?
    PETA headquarters is in Norfolk VA. It is right on the Chesapeake Bay. When I lived there (97-01) the local rock station held an "unofficial" PETA fishing tournament right in front of their building. It was awesome!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For what it's worth, I saw a documentary on KFC slaughter houses... I don't eat there any more. Just goes to show, sometimes ignorance is bliss. I do however hunt with my husband. It's a MUCH more humane way to gather food while keeping the species healthy at the same time. Although I feel a pang of sadness when I think of killing a living creature, the pang is quickly replaced with one heck of an adrenaline rush... and then some deer jerky. :D

But.. But.. according to PETA you are WORSE than McD's! You are actually doing the killing yourself when you hunt! You should not be killing any animals period. BAD GIRL!!! BAD, BAD GIRL!!!! ;)

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    But.. But.. according to PETA you are WORSE than McD's! You are actually doing the killing yourself when you hunt! You should not be killing any animals period. BAD GIRL!!! BAD, BAD GIRL!!!! ;)

Do they really think the cows walk right up to the back door of Kroger, ask for the butcher, and then commit suicide in the name of human hunger? Paaallleeeeze!

There is virtually no suffering for the animals when hunted. If I were a deer, I'd take the hunter over the slaughter house any day!!!

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Do they really think the cows walk right up to the back door of Kroger, ask for the butcher, and then commit suicide in the name of human hunger? Paaallleeeeze!

There is virtually no suffering for the animals when hunted. If I were a deer, I'd take the hunter over the slaughter house any day!!!

Yep, I can't imagine something much worse than grazing in the pasture every day looking over the fence at the slaughter house and wondering if 'this is the day.' I guess it's a good thing that cows aren't that bright...as evidenced by the low numbers of escapes! We could all starve!!! :drama:

I doubt there is one of us on this forum who wants to see ANYTHING abused. We're the more practical types, however, and understand the concept of a food chain. When we hunt, we do it after practicing our craft and becoming highly proficient with the bow, shotgun, rifle, etc. of choice and we take the shot when we have a high degree of confidence it will be a quick kill. In fact, many of us pass up more shots than we take. The PETA crowd can't get their mind around that cocept. To them anything that dies or doesn't roam free is being abused.

Put me in the deer category with 'ya.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I used to have a photograph of a deer that had all but starved to death. I used it for years to answer folks who asked me how I could stand to hunt. It sent a powerful message.

We rarely eat fast food, and then it's pizza or subway..... for the most part, we haven't found anyplace that can out-cook us for the price..... or the crowds, or the parking, or the poor service.

Hunting game to cook at home is good. :rockwoot:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Those silly PETA people...

You know, we could raise a heck of a lot of money with a BBQ.

"Hand over $1,000,000, you PETA freaks, or this hog gets killed then ROASTED!"

Think they'd do it? :D

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    The unhappy meals don't seem as pleasing as the Very Happy Meals I saw on the news a couple weeks ago. Nothing like some nuggets, fries, drink, toy, and a bag of smoke

Top Bottom