• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I believe that this would also be illegal on there part. At least in Indiana it is a crime to interfere with a hunter while hunting....

^^ THIS ^^

Indiana has some very good laws on the books to protect hunters from hunter harassment. These drone can only fly for 5 to 20 minutes so the drone operator is going to be very close. The DNR can confiscate the drone and arrest the operator too. JAIL TIME!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Didn't PETA try this with a remote helicopter and it got shot down?

I dont know about PETA, but an organization I have at least some respect for called SHARK (Showing Animals Respect And Kindness) that protests live pigeon shoots had theirs shot out of the air in PA while trying to film one of the events.

From what I can tell SHARK doesnt mind wild hunts where the animals are used for food, but they protest live pigeon shoots and rodeos as its needless harm to animals.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I dont know about PETA, but an organization I have at least some respect for called SHARK (Showing Animals Respect And Kindness) that protests live pigeon shoots had theirs shot out of the air in PA while trying to film one of the events.

From what I can tell SHARK doesnt mind wild hunts where the animals are used for food, but they protest live pigeon shoots and rodeos as its needless harm to animals.
    They eat the pigeons shot in live pigeon shoots. And they are delicious too!

So since they are eaten, why protest them?

If anything, they give the pigeons a chance to live because not all get shot and some get away.

Do they also protest FARMING too?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While I dont mind canned hunts on large fenced ranches or organized pheasant hunting where the birds are captive raised and released the day before the hunt, but this is fish in a barrel. At least the pheasant have a chance of making it beyond the hunt. I vacation on an island in Canada where they do hunts like that. Hell, my wife's aunt lives next to the pheasant farm. Its really nice to see them running around the island. Some of them end up being reintroduced into the ecosystem which is a good thing.

Want to shoot something flying while standing on a trap range? clay pigeons.

And I guess capturing a deer and chaining it to a tree so that a hunter can shoot it is sport too?

Sorry, I dont see the "sport" in live pigeon shoots. Want to eat pigeon that bad? Either release them into the trees then chase them, or simply butcher them.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    58451_429832477098052_2001442879_n.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    While I dont mind canned hunts on large fenced ranches or organized pheasant hunting where the birds are captive raised and released the day before the hunt, but this is fish in a barrel. At least the pheasant have a chance of making it beyond the hunt. I vacation on an island in Canada where they do hunts like that. Hell, my wife's aunt lives next to the pheasant farm. Its really nice to see them running around the island. Some of them end up being reintroduced into the ecosystem which is a good thing.

And I guess capturing a deer and chaining it to a tree so that a hunter can shoot it is sport too?

Sorry, I dont see the "sport" in live pigeon shoots. Want to eat pigeon that bad? Either release them into the trees then chase them, or simply butcher them.

Whoa there guy.

I've seen pigeon hunts and some are like trap shoots, some are like put and take pheasant. I don't even hunt deer, why would I chain one to a tree? Seems to me you are really grasping for silly arguments. I have no problem eating pigeon. Farm raised or wild. And since you mention it, I have no problem eating deer either.

But you never answered my question, do they protest FARMING ANIMALS too?

What about the fishing lakes that are stocked with fish? Is that any different than a pigeon shoot? Or any different than raising livestock?

I'm just asking questions, not trying to fight, but I do see some hiporcacy in many of the animal rights groups, just trying to find out about this SHARK group. Never heard of them.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I believe that this would also be illegal on their part. At least in Indiana it is a crime to interfere with a hunter and Trapper while Legally hunting....

FIFY

It sure is. Says so right in the DNR Hunting regulations. Page 18 of the current IN Hunting Regs. "It is illegal to interfere with the legal taking of a game animal by another person on public land, or on private land without permission of the landowner.

I wish a drone would hover around my land so I can see what the carnage the 12ga #6 shot causes to a drone. :rockwoot:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone

Ive never seen a deer chained to a tree when Im out in the woods getting dinner. What woods are you walking in? Are their dueling banjos in the background?

:postpics:

Otherwise, it didnt happen.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    While they are a little more "critter rights friendly" than I like, they arent as bad as PETA. At least they arent freaks saying go vegan and throwing paint on fur coats. So far as I can tell...

SHARK - Investigations and Campaigns Against Animal Abuse

Well they are pretty adamantly against fishing. I eat the fish I catch. I don't see that as wrong but they condemn me for fishing.

And they are anti hunting. I have not hunted in a couple decades but I still eat game meat each year. I support hunters rights as a form of wildlife management because it helps keep the ecosystem in balance.

Can't see how I could support this group.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just read his story about fishing... I read that as a "how not to fish". JFC... doing everything wrong. What? you are too stupid to count? why put a fish too small to eat in a bucket so you can turn them all loose later? (at least those that survived)

While I dont agree with sport fishing, I too see no problem with catching with the intention to eat. Sure, go catch that salmon.... as long as you intend to eat it. You wouldnt go out in the woods to shoot tree rats or deer just to watch them bleed, so you shouldnt catch carp just to throw them on the bank. And if catch and release was so bad, there would be flotillas of dead fish on the popular fishing lakes and ponds.

While I dont actively support this group, I can see a couple points I agree with (live pigeon shoots and most rodeo events, which is where I got the analogy of turning you loose in an arena... Calf roping. Bull riding is OK because the bull still has a shot at killing your a** :):) and while they do go beyond reasonable (no fishing) they arent off the deep end like PETA. I guess a broken clock is right at least twice a day.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . they arent off the deep end like PETA. . .
    uh, yes they are!

What I am finding that is disturbing about SHARK is their ties to the violent ALF. A known terrorist group that is used as the violent wing of PETA, but which PETA claims is not their group. And like PETA, SHARK claims to be non-violent but the ties to the violent and criminal ALF are clear and even the ALF blog clearly points out that SHARK is helping them.

SHARK also seems to have ties to the criminal pirates at SEA SHEPHERD and there are videos on the SHARK website that, at very least, casually link the organizations.

So, it strikes me that SHARK is probably a 2 faced organization, one that the public sees, and one that acts very differently.

It took very little effort to find out about SHARK and their apparent ties to at least 2 violent groups. I just scratched the surface. Its probably a lot more radical under a few more layers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive never seen a deer chained to a tree when Im out in the woods getting dinner. What woods are you walking in? Are their dueling banjos in the background?

:postpics:

Otherwise, it didnt happen.

There are stories from centuries ago of big game hunts organized for inept rich folk and high powered politicians in Africa where the guides capture a wild animal and stake them on a rope to guarantee they know where to find an animal the next day for the power broker to kill without hassle or risking him missing a shot on a moving animal... in the end the client got his prized shoot and everybody was happy... You know, kinda like when you let your kid beat you in chess to make them feel good.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    uh, yes they are!

It took very little effort to find out about SHARK and their apparent ties to at least 2 violent groups. I just scratched the surface. Its probably a lot more radical under a few more layers.

Wow. You are right. Several years ago when I heard about them their website wasnt quite so advanced and indepth. It pretty much covered the pigeon shoots exclusively with a few mentions of the rodeos. 90% of it was how that club in PA pretty much owns the police and lawmakers (I guess the chief and many ranking state politicians are members) so they are constantly harassed and made to move off of the clearly marked public right of way even though they are not committing any crime. It was strikingly similar to the harassment we face as firearms carriers.

The fishing story didnt exist, and as I wander through the site, I'd say about 80% of the breadth of their interests didnt exist.

Tonight is the first time I have been back. (It actually took about 10 minutes of googling different phrases to get past websites about sharks and not SHARK to find them again).

Yeowsas. Strike my support. They may not be the bunny boiling crazy of PETA, but they arent far behind.

Top Bottom