• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I watch movies with my wife she always asks stuff like, "who's that guy? What are they doing?" Even if it just started or I just turned it on.

She gets mad when I say, "I don't know, I've been watching just as long as you." Or, "I didn't write the darn thing. Just watch and see."

My grandpa used to walk in part way through a show and then ask questions.
    Even though he's passed on, if someone in the family does that we say, "15 minute rule grandpa. You have to watch for 15 minutes before you can ask a question."

How about the ever popular guy who putzes down the road towards a green light just slow enough (under the limit of course) so he makes it but you get stuck and give up three minutes of your life because he doesn't know how to drive. Wife gets PO'd when I make comments so I just sit in silence until the light turns green.

Or the kids at the grocery store hitting you up for donations as you come and go. Why would I care about funding someones team? If the parents want their kids involved in this stuff, let them pay. Begin flaming.

The kids at the grocery store have as much right to be there as you do.
    It's private property, and you both had permission to go there. They actually had to go get permission ahead of time from the manager, that deemed it worthy of his property.
    If you don't like it, don't donate. Most people know only some will donate, and some it will depend on what the donation is for.
    They're not learning to rob people or do drugs.
    Seems the least is you can just nod and walk by.
    Flame over.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I do get that argument (and I've never carried unloaded), but if I was going into a dangerous place and I had the choice of carrying either a brick or an unloaded gun, with the bullets in my pocket, I'm not choosing the brick.

The ONLY logical stance on that is to say that a loaded and ready weapon offers the most protection, having no weapon at all offers the least protection, and having an unloaded weapon offers something in between.

I'm choosing the brick.

Caliber wars.

Here we go again.

Both the brick and the unloaded gun are bludgeon weapons at this point. The brick is heavy, slow, and difficult to hang on to when used. When the proper place is hit it may only take hitting it once.

The unloaded gun is slightly smaller and can probably be swung more times quicker, a little easier to hang on to which means more hits on target.

Damn, back to the light and fast or heavy and slow. Haven't I read something like this on here before? :facepalm:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sister hops in the car, sees my gun next to my seat, she goes "You have a gun?? What do you need a gun for? Doesn't that make you nervous?" Me, "Not at all, why?" She says, "Cause it could go off!" Me, "ughhhh... no guns don't work like that."

Mind you, my sister was in close proximity to a mall shooting a couple years ago and had to duck & cover in the back of some random store. I was astonished she would even ask what my need was. She of all people! More motivation for me to educate her... and I have been, gradually. Her interest is growing in baby steps, but we will get there eventually!

My biggest firearm related pet peeve is how clueless a lot of people are about firearms. I realize guns aren't part of everyone's life, but still it irritates me nonetheless. I try to free a few minds when the opportunity presents itself.

My sister had us teach every one in her family how to shoot. Mostly females. They are naturally deadly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Companies that disguise their advertising to get you to open them.

Got what appeared at first glance to be a greeting card in the mail today. It appeared to be handwritten (looking closer it was machine printed in a cursive font), it had a return address label under the name of an individual that looked like one you or I would buy for personal use, and had a physical stamp. They did absolutely everything they could to make it look as manually assembled as they could.

I opened it and it was an ad for DirecTV. Seriously? You think that simply by misleading me long enough to get your flyer in front of me I'll buy your product? Whether its a postcard with the offer visible or in a disguised envelope its going in the can if I am not interested. I MAY have been slightly interested under the right circumstances, but now I'm contacting them to get taken off their mailing list. I refuse to deal with dishonest sales tactics.

This ranks right up there with lying to get in front of someone to make a sales pitch. *ding dong* "who is it?" "Its Bob from up the street." (opens door) "Hi, my name is Bob, but I dont really live up the street. I just wanted you to open the door so I could talk to you about what I am selling. Do you have a few minutes?" :xmad:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I watch movies with my wife she always asks stuff like, "who's that guy? What are they doing?" Even if it just started or I just turned it on.

She gets mad when I say, "I don't know, I've been watching just as long as you." Or, "I didn't write the darn thing. Just watch and see."

Welcome to my world and thank the powers for the DVR.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Wet towels.

People holding a cell phone a foot from their face on speakerphone and completely oblivious to the world around them.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    As long as TV is a hot topic...

The bright white background that every other commercial seems to employ now. If it's not the blazing bright white to blind you then it's something like the Tmobile where they flicker and flash you to death. I like to watch a little TV before I go to sleep. I set the timer for an hour then find a show. Just about the time I'm dozing off the room gets strobed. I've got the brightness turned down so far that if the normal scene is remotely dark then the picture is black.

DirecTV always screwing with the software updates that don't work. As of tonight when I pull up the guide I get this wonderful block of text telling me that I can rewind the current show to the beginning. It lays on top of the guide and there is no way to get rid of it.

Stupid shows and commercials just for the sake of being stupid.

Thank God the "free credit report" garage bands are finally dead and gone though.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    My list of peeves was very long , however , I've managed to shorten it and still include everything --

1. other people

that is all

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The kids at the grocery store have as much right to be there as you do.
    It's private property, and you both had permission to go there. They actually had to go get permission ahead of time from the manager, that deemed it worthy of his property.
    If you don't like it, don't donate. Most people know only some will donate, and some it will depend on what the donation is for.
    They're not learning to rob people or do drugs.
    Seems the least is you can just nod and walk by.
    Flame over.

I have to agree Act! There are so many kids that would not have the funds for sports, summer camps, etc. I have ZERO issues with kids fund raisers. In fact I am one of "those guys" that help promote it when ever I can. And I benefited many times as a child. Went to summer camps, scouting events etc. I will always will help the kids. If it annoys you just walk by. Don't kill some kids joy. :rolleyes:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As long as TV is a hot topic...

The bright white background that every other commercial seems to employ now. If it's not the blazing bright white to blind you then it's something like the Tmobile where they flicker and flash you to death. I like to watch a little TV before I go to sleep. I set the timer for an hour then find a show. Just about the time I'm dozing off the room gets strobed. I've got the brightness turned down so far that if the normal scene is remotely dark then the picture is black.

DirecTV always screwing with the software updates that don't work. As of tonight when I pull up the guide I get this wonderful block of text telling me that I can rewind the current show to the beginning. It lays on top of the guide and there is no way to get rid of it.

Stupid shows and commercials just for the sake of being stupid.

Thank God the "free credit report" garage bands are finally dead and gone though.

Not totally dead. There is some company that spends the first 10 seconds of their radio time talking about dreams and desires, then announces this small band's dream is to be on the radio so here they are, followed by 20 seconds of a mediocre band playing their mediocre blues song. (at least your garage bands were playing a catchy yet annoying tune) Know why I dont recall the advertiser? Because as soon as I hear it I flip to another station. No exaggeration.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Not totally dead. There is some company that spends the first 10 seconds of their radio time talking about dreams and desires, then announces this small band's dream is to be on the radio so here they are, followed by 20 seconds of a mediocre band playing their mediocre blues song. (at least your garage bands were playing a catchy yet annoying tune) Know why I dont recall the advertiser? Because as soon as I hear it I flip to another station. No exaggeration.

Yep. There are some advertisers that are so annoying and tick me off so bad that I won't buy their product even if it's something I normally might.

I don't mind an innovative or unique commercial (although I DVR so I don't see many) but when the entire point of the commercial is to be so annoying that you have no choice to remember it then I'll go out of my way to go someplace else or use a different product.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Popcorn in movie theaters. Seriously people, CHEW WITH YOUR MOUTHS CLOSED YOU'RE NOT A FREAKING COW! I tend to not go to popular movies when they are first released.

Jerks who hand new shooters a firearm well beyond their skill level with little to no instruction.

Cold call salesmen: I actually turned down a job offer because I couldn't bring myself to do it to others...

That sales guy in the mall who tries to get you to look at the junk he has for sale or the Direct TV folks at Sams Club...if I wanted to talk to you, I would approach you. GO AWAY

People who order food delivered in AWFUL weather but don't tip the delivery guy...actually, people who don't tip at all but the bad weather ones are the worst.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Not totally dead. There is some company that spends the first 10 seconds of their radio time talking about dreams and desires, then announces this small band's dream is to be on the radio so here they are, followed by 20 seconds of a mediocre band playing their mediocre blues song.

Yep I know the one, that BB King lick is sooo over played these days.:(
    The same radio station also has an extreeemly annoying habit of playing commercials where the fine print is read in rapid fashion at the end, whoever decided that was OK is a moron.:twocents:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Companies that disguise their advertising to get you to open them.

Got what appeared at first glance to be a greeting card in the mail today. It appeared to be handwritten (looking closer it was machine printed in a cursive font), it had a return address label under the name of an individual that looked like one you or I would buy for personal use, and had a physical stamp. They did absolutely everything they could to make it look as manually assembled as they could.

I opened it and it was an ad for DirecTV. Seriously? You think that simply by misleading me long enough to get your flyer in front of me I'll buy your product? Whether its a postcard with the offer visible or in a disguised envelope its going in the can if I am not interested. I MAY have been slightly interested under the right circumstances, but now I'm contacting them to get taken off their mailing list. I refuse to deal with dishonest sales tactics.

This ranks right up there with lying to get in front of someone to make a sales pitch. *ding dong* "who is it?" "Its Bob from up the street." (opens door) "Hi, my name is Bob, but I dont really live up the street. I just wanted you to open the door so I could talk to you about what I am selling. Do you have a few minutes?" :xmad:

I know.
    I wonder if they think they are gaining more customers than the future customers they lost being dumbasses.

Top Bottom