Not open for further replies.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Can't help but notice more and more folks in the classifieds with obviously no skin in the game.

More and more folks not following up communications in a timely fashion, or at all.

So many with no posts other than their classifieds listings.

I'm concerned that this is what INGO is turning into. :(

I dont see that at all.
    The classifieds have been really slow lately compared to what is was in past years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I dont see that at all.
    The classifieds have been really slow lately compared to what is was in past years.
    In past years we had not been overrun with shortages one after the other. This brings out the carpet baggers and flippers. That will completely change the very nature of the classifieds and eventually the forum.

If you folks had gone through what transpired behind the green curtain involving the cat fights over AR's and ammo it would make you shake your head. The rush to make a buck was so obvious. The fights over who was 1st to get something was multiple times a day. Even recently a thread on buying cheap entry level AR's as a profitable investment. It just shows how people think.

Even if we wanted to put everything back to pre-sandy hook the advantage takers would just ruin it for us all.
    I/we/staff fought hard to keep the numb-skulls and ass-hats from killing each other over a few dollars. It was at least embarrassing and idiotic. So, this is on the shooting community and just general human nature.

And I was surprised when I got an ulcer. Ya-al have no idea.......:(

This is tame by comparison.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Can't help but notice more and more folks in the classifieds with obviously no skin in the game.

More and more folks not following up communications in a timely fashion, or at all.

So many with no posts other than their classifieds listings.

I'm concerned that this is what INGO is turning into. :(
    Oh, oh, hope I'm not one. I bought a RCBS 505 scale today. I don't have very many posts but the guy had one for sale, I had a few dollars. I sent him the dollars, he is mailing me the scale.

I missed this one, darn it! I so enjoyed JC's run the other day. Was this guy really toilet monkey with a new name?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe increase the classified membership to $50?...

Or, do the 50 quality post thing.

Unless I'm mistaken, there is not a "classified membership" fee? 50 Quality posts is the requirement to use the INGO perk of forum participation, the classified section.

I have always thought that allowing "traders" to buy their way into bypassing INGO's active forum participant 50 post rule would lead to a much lower quality of INGO classifieds. As evidenced by the slow classifieds at a time when they should actually get busier, I fear that may be coming true? :twocents:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Unless I'm mistaken, there is not a "classified membership" fee? 50 Quality posts is the requirement to use the INGO perk of forum participation, the classified section.

I have always thought that allowing "traders" to buy their way into bypassing INGO's active forum participant 50 post rule would lead to a much lower quality of INGO classifieds. As evidenced by the slow classifieds at a time when they should actually get busier, I fear that may becoming true? :twocents:
    There's the $20 site support fee which allows access to the classifieds. So, for $20, they get the PM access. In order to gain access to the classifieds, pay $50, or make the 50 quality posts. That should deter some of the riff raff.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I have always thought that allowing "traders" to buy their way into bypassing INGO's active forum participant 50 post rule would lead to a much lower quality of INGO classifieds. As evidenced by the slow classifieds at a time when they should actually get busier, I fear that may becoming true? :twocents:
    Yeah, I won't deal with someone who buys their way in anyway until they have enough posts to generate a "picture" of who they are.

But I am cautious that way. Good news for me is I'm pretty much done buying and selling firearms so now I can continue to work on ticking people off with my regular disagreeable attitude!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There's the $20 site support fee which allows access to the classifieds. So, for $20, they get the PM access. In order to gain access to the classifieds, pay $50, or make the 50 quality posts. That should deter some of the riff raff.

Thanks for the education, my friend. ;)

I don't think the price needs to be raised to members, who only want to support the site. Raising the quality post count for classifieds participation, now that's a different story.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah, I won't deal with someone who buys their way in anyway until they have enough posts to generate a "picture" of who they are.

But I am cautious that way. Good news for me is I'm pretty much done buying and selling firearms so now I can continue to work on ticking people off with my regular disagreeable attitude!
    Agreed. I rarely buy/sell in the classifieds, but I have a few personal rules.

1. Low post count or buying into the classifieds = no interest from me.
    2. Must see DL or LTCH = no interest from me.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Thanks for the education, my friend. ;)

I don't think the price needs to be raised to members, who only want to support the site. Raising the quality post count for classifieds participation, now that's a different story.

You misunderstood my post. The site supporter fee would remain $20, and maybe give access to PM's. No real change.
    In order to access the classified, the 50 quality post rule still applies, or for instant access, fork up $50.

If you get a few more quality posts, you can avoid the $50 fee. :p

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You misunderstood my post. The site supporter fee would remain $20, and maybe give access to PM's. No real change.
    In order to access the classified, the 50 quality post rule still applies, or for instant access, fork up $50.

If you get a few more quality posts, you can avoid the $50 fee. :p

The money doesn't matter to those who are buying their way in. They just raise the price to recover it. Consequently, when you have bought your way in, no need to be cordial, friendly or even use manners. You have paid to sell your wares. Making pals in the community is not required.

It's all bidness for a larger number of those participating in our classifieds in recent times. INGO is just another gunbroker, armlist or craigslist to more and more.

A 150-250 quality post count required to participate would make that a much different experience. Eventually a much different experience for the membership who remember what our classifieds were once like.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    The money doesn't matter to those who are buying their way in. They just raise the price to recover it. Consequently, when you have bought your way in, no need to be cordial, friendly or even use manners. You have paid to sell your wares. Making pals in the community is not required.

It's all bidness for a larger number of those participating in our classifieds in recent times. INGO is just another gunbroker, armlist or craigslist to more and more.

A 150-250 quality post count required to participate would make that a much different experience. Eventually a much different experience for the membership who remember what our classifieds were once like.

I see your point. It doesn't matter the rule though, there will always be the ones who try to skirt them.
    I have no idea what the classifieds used to be like, but it is pretty lenient on access. Which leads to abuse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom