• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I would completely agree with the consensus to end the war on drugs IF we enforced personal accountability FIRST. There are far to many who would escape the consequences of their actions by suckling on the mother's (gov't) teat while still choosing to do damage to their own bodies. We could go along way by just decriminalizing most drug related offense and cutting those who do use non-medical drugs out of the welfare system. I"m not ready to unlock all the doors until we force people to live with the consequences of their decisions all by themselves.

Why bother with the administrative nightmare (and inevitable cost) of cutting them out of the welfare system. Why not kill the entire welfare system itself, as it is more harmful to liberty than the "war on drugs" could ever aspire to be?

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    All drugs should be legal, this is why we have the border problems and kidnappings in Arizona. Haven't we learned from history yet? When the country banned alcohol, it created mobs, what has banning drugs done? Created mobs...

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    We have drug gangs in over 350 cities in the US. now. And they are moving to the rural areas. If marijuana is legalized what will the gangs turn to? What will happen south of the boarder? If it will stop the slaughter south of the boarder and on the streets here in the US. If it will free up space in the prison system. And make room for violent criminals. Of course you know lot of people will be put out of work. I really dont see it happening.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We have drug gangs in over 350 cities in the US.

I hate to break this to you, but 99% of all gangs get their revenue from drugs of all kinds. I've yet to meet a gang that DIDN'T.

The problem is that even if you legalize and regulate and tax pot, gangs will still grow, ship, transport, and sell it because they will still make a profit until big corporations can compete with street prices.

Personally, I can't wait until they legalize it and Marlboro Greens start getting shipped out. :D (Yes, Philip Morris already has a plant and a marketing plan ready to go. ;) )

Top Bottom