• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I was reading one of the sites I frequent and one of the posts was speaking about a reporter getting some training with the Indianapolis Police. What I noticed though was another bit in the piece regarding a potential change in Indiana LTCH. The relevant bit: "...there's a proposal under study by the Legislature to create another level of Indiana's License To Carry Handgun, a photo-ID card with a training requirement, in an effort to get more reciprocity. Sponsors swear our shall-issue, background-check-only permit would remain." and the link: The Adventures of Roberta X: Postive Gun Coverage On TV

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    So, you want to add more restrictions to our license to appease other states? Pass.

What would be the difference between getting training here, with ONE license that would be accepted in more states, vs. taking the training class, paying an additional fee, additional fingerprints & getting a Utah or Florida permit?

You're essentially doing the same thing, except you're jumping through ANOTHER states hoops to get their license.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    It would be nice it it were a lifetime issue license. Not that I mind giving a pro-2a state like Arizona a little extra revenue every five years, I would prefer it were used a little closer to home.

What would be the difference between getting training here, with ONE license that would be accepted in more states, vs. taking the training class, paying an additional fee, additional fingerprints & getting a Utah or Florida permit?

You're essentially doing the same thing, except you're jumping through ANOTHER states hoops to get their license.

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Have no opinion on one side or another of this issue. Just providing some info with NO intent of stirring the pot.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So, you want to add more restrictions to our license to appease other states? Pass.
    If I understand correctly, there will be 2 licenses offered. The current pink paper version accepted in the current states. And a driver's license style with photo etc & training requirement that will hopefully gain reciprocity in more states.

IMHO, while not ideal in a strict constitutional mindset, it does seem like a pretty good solution to our current problem...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've posted my opinion on this before, so why not again? :D

If we offer a more expensive, more restrictive LTCH just for reciprocity purposes, then we should move to CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY for all IN residents within the State's borders.

I'm tired of giving up more freedom in return for little to nothing. How about we honest, hard-working, and law-abiding citizens get something for a change?

Want me to get a pretty picture, and take some stripped-down training (at my cost) just to appease some states I may never visit? Fine. Then let me carry anywhere I want, without a permission slip, within our borders.

I MAY support that.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would rather push for Constitutional Carry than to waste my time pushing for yet another license just to make other states happy.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I am still confused on why we need permission for something that is our right? With that being said, why would we restrict our rights further?

This looks like a post I would see on pier morgon. Speaking of morgon, has anyone ever googled "a message from the uk to America" ? Good stuff!!

[ame]http://youtu.be/xTFs6Lbq1Is[/ame]

Last edited:

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    By the words in SB555, it doesn't seem that difficult.. Seems that if you've taken an NRA safety course, or had LEO or Military experience... you're covered. Nothing elaborate. If they're going to do this though, (since the odds of Constitutional Carry any time soon aren't very good), it seems it would make sense to make this the default license going forward... Just my :twocents:

Indiana firearms reciprocity license.
    Allows a person to obtain an Indiana firearms reciprocity license to carry a handgun in Indiana as an alternative to obtaining a qualified or an unlimited license to carry a handgun.
    Provides that, in addition to submitting information required to obtain a qualified or an unlimited license to carry a handgun, to obtain an Indiana firearms reciprocity license, a person must also submit:
    (1) a recent dated photograph of the person;
    (2) evidence of the person's general familiarity with firearms; and
    (3) if the person is not a resident of Indiana, evidence that the person resides in a state that recognizes the validity of the Indiana firearms reciprocity license or otherwise has reciprocity with Indiana's handgun license law.
    Specifies that for a person to show evidence of general familiarity with firearms, the person must show that the person has received training in: (1) the safe loading, unloading, storage, and carrying of firearms, including handguns; and
    (2) current laws defining the lawful use of firearms by a private citizen. Provides that a person may satisfy the general familiarity requirement by:
    (1) successfully completing a firearms safety or training course conducted by a national, state, or local firearms training organization approved by the superintendent of the state police department;
    (2) successfully completing a firearms safety or training course with a licensed Indiana firearms instructor; or
    (3) obtaining experience with firearms by participating in organized shooting competitions, performing law enforcement activities, or performing military service, as approved by the superintendent of the state police department. Allows a person to obtain an Indiana firearms instructor license. Establishes qualifications for obtaining a firearms instructor license. Makes conforming amendments.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    I've posted my opinion on this before, so why not again? :D

If we offer a more expensive, more restrictive LTCH just for reciprocity purposes, then we should move to CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY for all IN residents within the State's borders.

I'm tired of giving up more freedom in return for little to nothing. How about we honest, hard-working, and law-abiding citizens get something for a change?

Want me to get a pretty picture, and take some stripped-down training (at my cost) just to appease some states I may never visit? Fine. Then let me carry anywhere I want, without a permission slip, within our borders.

I MAY support that.

Well stated. Now, let's go one step further...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I travel a good bit and it's a pain I can't legally travel east and carry. If taking a class and paying a little more cash puts a license/permit in my pocket that would get me from here to the east coast without having to lock up my carry then I'd do it.

I do like the idea of making it the lifetime license going forward though. I also think they should grandfather in lifetime license holders and give us the upgrade for free.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    OldIndianLegend.gif
    OldIndianLegend.gif
    OldIndianLegend.gif
    OldIndianLegend.gif
    OldIndianLegend.gif

I would rather push for Constitutional Carry than to waste my time pushing for yet another license just to make other states happy.

I travel a good bit and it's a pain I can't legally travel east and carry. If taking a class and paying a little more cash puts a license/permit in my pocket that would get me from here to the east coast without having to lock up my carry then I'd do it.

I do like the idea of making it the lifetime license going forward though. I also think they should grandfather in lifetime license holders and give us the upgrade for free.

I don't know where you travel, but I frequently go to VA and you can OC in every state between here and there with no license/permit :)

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Iunderstand your sentiment but there will never be reciprocity with the libtard East coast states like NJ, CT, MA, NY...

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A year or two ago I talked to a cop that was pro carry but said the problem with the LTCH is that it is very easy to duplicate and use by others. He thought a picture ID would work better for the police. I don't have a problem with this if they offer both just as long as I can keep my lifetime.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A year or two ago I talked to a cop that was pro carry but said the problem with the LTCH is that it is very easy to duplicate and use by others. He thought a picture ID would work better for the police. I don't have a problem with this if they offer both just as long as I can keep my lifetime.

Since they are so worthless, why do we need them at all?

Top Bottom