• ...and so much more!
  • Lee9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 10, 2023
    Columbus
    Are there any guys and gals out there that have an interest in classes for practical/ performance rifle and/or pistol classes?

Such as - individuals, Clubs, Ranges or groups that have an interest. Either at a range of there choosing or would travel to a range I would coordinate.

Reaching out to get a general feel for the area and the people.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I am pretty good acquaintances with several national trainers and they all have said the same thing.

It’s a tight market right now. While there is always some interest depending I have had issues with a few national instructors I have hosted trying to get numbers even with decent marketing.

Good luck

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    The unregulated firearm training industry is filled with many meat market resume proud merchants of information. The majority of these all have good information and some of them are quite good at transference of knowledge.

The content can range from safe handling, actual shooting, doomsday prevention, legal beagle jargon, special ops and so on.

You will find that the need to advertise for students is a reveal.

Quite simply, one gets out of it what they put into it and it takes more than just paying the tuition.

Passer by trainers have come and gone like Restaurants. To last however it takes people skills with the talent/experience of actually shooting and everything associated with it along with the ability to teach to the point of learning. Passion for shooting and the fun that goes with it helps.

You will find that the bulk of gun owners lack the passion for self improvement. Many will concentrate on carrying a gun without the commitment of being a student of shooting. It is humbling hard work to master a skill set. So it is easier to strap on the latest blaster and paint pictures of being John Wick and be ready for some altercation that will never happen and if it does, the outcome may be different than one thought.

The fail of the trainer is usually the fail of the student first. Dropping big names and wearing the TShirt is not enough. Anyone can READ a diet book. But consider following up with your students and constantly measure the eval to see if you really made a difference. Most companies cannot or do not have a process for this.

So, if starting a training business, good luck.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    The unregulated firearm training industry is filled with many meat market resume proud merchants of information. The majority of these all have good information and some of them are quite good at transference of knowledge.

The content can range from safe handling, actual shooting, doomsday prevention, legal beagle jargon, special ops and so on.

You will find that the need to advertise for students is a reveal.

Quite simply, one gets out of it what they put into it and it takes more than just paying the tuition.

Passer by trainers have come and gone like Restaurants. To last however it takes people skills with the talent/experience of actually shooting and everything associated with it along with the ability to teach to the point of learning. Passion for shooting and the fun that goes with it helps.

You will find that the bulk of gun owners lack the passion for self improvement. Many will concentrate on carrying a gun without the commitment of being a student of shooting. It is humbling hard work to master a skill set. So it is easier to strap on the latest blaster and paint pictures of being John Wick and be ready for some altercation that will never happen and if it does, the outcome may be different than one thought.

The fail of the trainer is usually the fail of the student first. Dropping big names and wearing the TShirt is not enough. Anyone can READ a diet book. But consider following up with your students and constantly measure the eval to see if you really made a difference. Most companies cannot or do not have a process for this.

So, if starting a training business, good luck.
    Trapper, respectfully while there are a lot of A$$hat people offering A$$hat classes with names that sound like SIg’s newest handgun. The OP specifically stated “Performance Rifle and Handgun classes” that’s just a technical side and is generally devoid of of the wannabe imitation Tier one folks. It’s usually competition shooters with folks like Jerry Miculik, Tim Herron, Taran Butler, Scott Jedlenski and others.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Trapper, respectfully while there are a lot of A$$hat people offering A$$hat classes with names that sound like SIg’s newest handgun. The OP specifically stated “Performance Rifle and Handgun classes” that’s just a technical side and is generally devoid of of the wannabe imitation Tier one folks. It’s usually competition shooters with folks like Jerry Miculik, Tim Herron, Taran Butler, Scott Jedlenski and others.
    Got it. I try to disclaim in my posts “Professional Applications Aside” but sometimes forget.

Lee9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 10, 2023
    Columbus

Yes this absolutely correct, and my complete intention. Self improvement is the goal and teaching individuals self diagnosis and being honest about it, is what I would drive toward because that’s what I do for myself.
    Throughout my Mil Career thus far I have attended courses, schools and passed tests to be “certified” in the eyes of the military a shooting coach, trainer, instructor.. whatever they are all just words on a piece of paper. My “credentials” aren’t what I wanna sell to students, I don’t care and they shouldn’t either.
    It’s the experience of already having coached people to improve and seeing results that i took away from it. I wanna let my demos and what I’m conveying speak for itself.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Yes this absolutely correct, and my complete intention. Self improvement is the goal and teaching individuals self diagnosis and being honest about it, is what I would drive toward because that’s what I do for myself.
    Throughout my Mil Career thus far I have attended courses, schools and passed tests to be “certified” in the eyes of the military a shooting coach, trainer, instructor.. whatever they are all just words on a piece of paper. My “credentials” aren’t what I wanna sell to students, I don’t care and they shouldn’t either.
    It’s the experience of already having coached people to improve and seeing results that i took away from it. I wanna let my demos and what I’m conveying speak for itself.
    Long chest puffing Resumes are for those who need them. Its Hands On that works for me.

Singlestack

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 25, 2019
    Carmel
    November 4-6 Gunsite will be hosting Robbie Leatham for 3 days of performance shooting coaching. The entry requirements are steep (as is the price). More info can be found at Gunsite.com under ‘Events’. I’ve trained under Robbie before and he’s worth every penny. If your only concern is speed and accuracy (not tactics), the Rogers Shooting School in Elijay Georgia is a great choice. I’ve been there twice and made significant improvements both times.

Top Bottom