• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I generally avoided places I was frisked or wanded back when I would go to clubs. I was only frisked once, they missed my pocket 32 when I said "cigarettes", twice was wanded.

Both times I had a fullsize Hk USP 45 in a smart carry and a spare 12 round mag. Both times I just shrugged and said "belt buckle". Both times I was let in w/o a second thought.

I think they are just trying to prevent the mexican carry crowd more than anything.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Needless to say I won't be back there. Just thought I would pass on the information that you will be patted down if you are a male going into peppers in ripple. But they sure as hell suck at patting down. Which is a bad thing considering the clientele should be check extensively.

Patted down? Felt up? What's the difference. It's Broadripple.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm surprised by the number of people (i.e. even one is too many in my opinion) who will submit to someone putting their hands on them (i.e. patdowns and frisking) in order to attend some kind of entertainment, whether it's a bar or a sporting event.

I won't. If an establishment or their representatives demand that I submit to being touched or "wanded" in order to enter, they don't really want my business and I absolutely don't want to be there. Aside from the obvious, such situation give a false sense of security and are virtually never secure. Kind of like "gun free zones" established by laws or ordinances.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I'm with Rhino on this.. back in the day when I use to frequent the Vogue... I always concealed carried regardless of "their rules". Sometimes they'd catch me at the door and sometimes they didn't.. and when they did.. I'd just go to another bar or pub.

No matter what the environment is.. you never really know what might kick off.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    So, what about getting into Knob Creek? I have had to lift my coat (it hung below my waist) to show the guard at the entrance that no weapon was concealed under it and my sister had to open her purse for them to see what was in it.

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    on the subject of searches, my wife "surprised" me with a family trip to Disneyland during Christmas vacation.

They had "security" at the entrance to the zone between the two parks (Magic Kingdom and California Adventure). The "security, consisted of having me hold my jacket open for a visual inspection, open the top of the shoulder bag and glance inside, and kind of squeeze the bag from the sides (what that's supposed to accomplish, I have no idea).

This "search" would not have revealed my carry gun. (Had I been carrying--since California doesn't recognize Indiana's LTCH, I wasn't.) It would not have revealed my BUG. And as for what could have been in that shoulder bag, I refer you to John Ringo's "A Deeper Blue" for ideas on that score.

What a waste of time--serving only to create a nice cluster of people waiting to go through security which would have been a nice target for a Mumbai style attack.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, what about getting into Knob Creek? I have had to lift my coat (it hung below my waist) to show the guard at the entrance that no weapon was concealed under it and my sister had to open her purse for them to see what was in it.

Buh?? They won't let you carry at Knob Creek????!!!

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Buh?? They won't let you carry at Knob Creek????!!!

Not unless you are security, then you get to carry and muzzle sweep everyone when you show off your piece to your goth buddies. The Creek has really P***** me off the past few times I've been. It could be a nice place except it seems to attract a lot of sketchy WT. My sister and wife refuse to stay for the night shoot anymore as they don't feel safe if they were to be separated from us.

Top Bottom