• ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Guys...

I've had a PM from a member whom I know. This person is not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but was very offended by some of the comments in here. Yeah, yeah, I know. No one has the right to never be offended, and no, it's not an INGO rule so this is not me speaking as a mod but as a member... Let's all please remember that the people on the other end of the connection are just that, people, and while it's less than, say, a bullet, words DO hurt sometimes.

Just.... Be considerate, eh? "Walk a mile in their moccasins", y'know? You don't have to. No one's been a rude douchebag or insulted anyone personally, so no warnings, no infractions.... Just a request.

Thanks for your help.

Blessings,
    Bill

The thread was mostly all in good fun.....if you are happy with your body then great. It just drives me nuts with the seat belt extentions end up missing!!!!! My point was that if you are happy with your weight then why keep them????

I think by now Bill you know that most of my posts are all in good fun :)

narcotic medications will slow your metabolism and allow you to gain weight.

Dave maybe they just "absorb" the seat belt extensions? lol

Sorry but I have to laugh at that one haha.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My GF gets pissed over people asking her if she ever eats (skinny), she wants to ask them if they ever quit stuffing their mouths. But alas, she is more polite than they are.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Growing up I was fat. Mom and Dad let me eat anything I wanted growing up. No blame toward them. I was an active kid though. Always playing sports, riding my bike, etc. Not like a lot of lazy kids nowadays. That do nothing but get on the net, and play suck box. Size runs in my family, we where not blessed with fast metabolic rates. When I reached High School, I made the decision to slim down. I did so, and lost 30 LBS., in one summer vacation. Of course from 2002-2005, I was in the service so I was very active. I have gained a little weight, but not much since I have been out. I'm at a 36" waist comfortably. I could probably fit a 34". My problem is staying motivated in the gym. It's gets boring working out, by myself all of the time. Plus with going back to school, and not working. I walked a lot where I worked. It just comes down to motivation. A lot of people want something, but they do not want to work for it. A lot of it has to do with technology. You have fast food, pizza delivery, dish washers, etc. Things that yes make life easier, but also make a lot of people lazy. Most of my friends could eat pizza three times a day, every day and not gain a pound. It does not bother me though. Being skinny does not make you healthy necessarily. Besides having to work for somthing, just makes it more meningful.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    if that job is stuffing their face maybe. I'm already disabled and have the bones of an 80 year old so I'm already old on the inside.;)

Ya just never know, even if you think you do.

My wife is 50 years old, had ovarian cancer, was gutted like a fish and when she healed up from that they poisoned her until she wished she was dead and thought she was having a heart attack every day and every night. Her ankle she broke before the chemo fused near solid and swells up double size at least from just a regular day at the store. She never missed a day of work and she's walking around Walmart right now pushing TWO carts at once buying stuff for her job because she WANTS to keep working.

The 20 year old Obama kids they pay more than the regular employees who've been doing the job 10 years will be sitting on their rear texting when it's time to unload at the store. Probably making smart aleck remarks about people at walmart.

They get sick every Friday and usually have cramps on Saturday or Sunday and can't come to work.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Fat

A topic I know something about;

1) If you can suck in your gut you are not truly fat.
    2) Fat is not a crime.
    3) XXL is the first shirt size that real men wear.
    4) I hate being fat... Not enough to diet or exercise but at times it sucks.
    5) Rosie O'Donnell should not be held against women or fat people.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If people are ok with being HUGE because it is "who they are" then why is it that my airline and I am sure many others seem to get daily calls from flight crews about the seat belt extensions missing????

Passenger A needs one and asks for one and gets one, plane lands and passengers de-board and guess what? It's gone........ happens more times then one could count.....

Not sure why you would want it, other then that deep down you are ashamed and hate asking for it???

And people wonder why flying is so expensive? Well Sherlock... when airlines are having to fix overhead bins because someone thought they could force their bag into it then slam the door on it as hard as they can that gets expensive... happens a lot..... most of it is because of large passengers...... one I kid you not grounded a plane because he decided to use a handle to help pull himself up into the aircraft and RIPPED IT OUT... that handle was required for flight...... The other passengers saw it and I am sure were thrilled with that.

Or people that use the tray tables as paper to draw on........ gets expensive...

The reason flying is so expensive is that the airlines don't get subsidized as much as they used to by huge mail contracts and the like. I haven't flown commercial in many years. I probably will have to fly this year or next and really am not looking forward to it. I'll hate the indignities and time it takes to get through security. The way paying passengers are treated from the ticket counter, to the way they are treated like cattle from the loading, the trip and the unloading doesn't conger up a smile to my face. The only thing missing is the branding. Now it also appears that some of you may want to castrate the males and de-horn the females.

I'm sure that most of the damage that is claimed is by passenger backlash of the above treatment and the soaking of passengers by nickel and diming them every time they turn around. Flying used to be a dignified way to travel with great treatment and well-paid crews who really cared about passenger comfort and welfare.

To keep this on topic, the overweight folks (most of the population now) don't bother me as much as the smarmy flight attendants who appear to enjoy throwing their weight around by lording over their paying customers.

Heck, even cowboys seemed to care more about the welfare of the cattle with which they were moving to market. They understood that their paycheck depended on the cattle. Maybe airline employees could take a tip from them.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Food storage, and body armor. Do you have any idea what kind of penetration a bullet would need to reach a vital? I'll have the last laugh when all you skinny people are shot, and starving to death!!! :D

Top Bottom