• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    If people are ok with being HUGE because it is "who they are" then why is it that my airline and I am sure many others seem to get daily calls from flight crews about the seat belt extensions missing????

Passenger A needs one and asks for one and gets one, plane lands and passengers de-board and guess what? It's gone........ happens more times then one could count.....

Not sure why you would want it, other then that deep down you are ashamed and hate asking for it???

And people wonder why flying is so expensive? Well Sherlock... when airlines are having to fix overhead bins because someone thought they could force their bag into it then slam the door on it as hard as they can that gets expensive... happens a lot..... most of it is because of large passengers...... one I kid you not grounded a plane because he decided to use a handle to help pull himself up into the aircraft and RIPPED IT OUT... that handle was required for flight...... The other passengers saw it and I am sure were thrilled with that.

Or people that use the tray tables as paper to draw on........ gets expensive...

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Agreed.

Since we are talking about Fat People (and yes Fat is the PC phrase as it is the opposite of PC skinny) all I have to say is you have every right to live you life anyway you want until your decisions start to affect the general public or general consumer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Inc., King Corn, Supersize Me. ***Must See Movies***

I am all about folks accepting personal responsibility, however when we are directly lied to by the very entities that are bodied to educate us, there is a major problem.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Getting *almost fat* was the result of several years of poor choices on my part...

And now I'm forced to live with those consequences.

I've also made a conscious decision to go from almost fat down to *just a little pudgy* over the course of this year. Still working on that... Good news is that I just had to punch another hole on the inside of my NEW belt. My hope is to be "normal weight" by New Year's.

Yeah, my body's physiology / hormone levels played a SMALL part in my size, but it was/is all about choices, choices, choices.

Wonder what I'll weigh-in as at the dr. tomorrow afternoon....

-J-

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the only thing I can't stand about "large" people is the ones at the crocery store in the scooters that need the scooter so bad but have no problem getting out of it to get up and reach the oreo's on the top shelf, and have no problem leaving it in the entrance and walking to their cars. and indy guy for hormone related stuff check out mike mahler Kettlebell, Kettlebell training, Free Kettlebell Ebook, Kettlebell Workouts, Hormone Optimization, he's a guru for hormone optimization.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    the only thing I can't stand about "large" people is the ones at the crocery store in the scooters that need the scooter so bad but have no problem getting out of it to get up and reach the oreo's on the top shelf, and have no problem leaving it in the entrance and walking to their cars. and indy guy for hormone related stuff check out mike mahler Kettlebell, Kettlebell training, Free Kettlebell Ebook, Kettlebell Workouts, Hormone Optimization, he's a guru for hormone optimization.

Eh, some hormone levels won't change without medication.

Me, I've been hypothyroidic since I was in high school.

Was on and off a TSH medication then and through college. Been back on it since the first of the year.

Just part of the aging process, too. The older one gets the less one's thyroid works.

-J-

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Not to worry. You'll be old someday. May be they are just a little tired from working at a job all day.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Agreed.

Since we are talking about [strike]Fat[/strike] People [strike](and yes Fat is the PC phrase as it is the opposite of PC skinny) [/strike]all I have to say is you have every right to live you life anyway you want until your decisions start to affect the general public or general consumer.

FIFY. Show me a demographic that doesn't have its share of douchebags and I'll go on a diet.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm fat. I should eat better. The thing that annoys me is the absolutely OK (meaning no joint pain, just lazy people) waiting for the elevator to climb one flight. Heck, we have an offset in the building that if 8 steps up. and people will take an elevator for EIGHT STEP?!?

I guess I'm an "active fat". I haven't used the elevator in this building more than 10 times in 5 years, when I haven't been moving something heavy on wheels. I just need more exercise and less food and stop working so damn much. (Desk job doesn't help either.)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would rather deal with a fat American that pay's his way and asks for a seat belt extension rather than a gangster slaughtering old people down the block or illegal alien invaders destroying the economy and turning America into a third world country.

Honestly guys where does some of this stuff come from? Just bored and want to pick something to ***** about?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Guys...

I've had a PM from a member whom I know. This person is not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but was very offended by some of the comments in here. Yeah, yeah, I know. No one has the right to never be offended, and no, it's not an INGO rule so this is not me speaking as a mod but as a member... Let's all please remember that the people on the other end of the connection are just that, people, and while it's less than, say, a bullet, words DO hurt sometimes.

Just.... Be considerate, eh? "Walk a mile in their moccasins", y'know? You don't have to. No one's been a rude douchebag or insulted anyone personally, so no warnings, no infractions.... Just a request.

Thanks for your help.

Blessings,
    Bill

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    ive noticed that this is an uber sensitive subject around here.

There is a Lot of fluffy, unmotivated people that like to sit on the couch and surf the web.:D

Guys...

I've had a PM from a member whom I know. This person is not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but was very offended by some of the comments in here. Yeah, yeah, I know. No one has the right to never be offended, and no, it's not an INGO rule so this is not me speaking as a mod but as a member... Let's all please remember that the people on the other end of the connection are just that, people, and while it's less than, say, a bullet, words DO hurt sometimes.

Just.... Be considerate, eh? "Walk a mile in their moccasins", y'know? You don't have to. No one's been a rude douchebag or insulted anyone personally, so no warnings, no infractions.... Just a request.

Thanks for your help.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Has anyone ever watched the South Park episode when they took all the offensive things out of the Christmas play?
    Keep whining and this is what will happen to INGO.
    If you're fat and happy, fine. I could care less if you double fist Big Macs every meal.
    If you're fat and un happy, do something about it or find peace with your weight problem.
    PMing a mod is ridiculous. They have enough things to take care of on this site.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Has anyone ever watched the South Park episode when they took all the offensive things out of the Christmas play?
    Keep whining and this is what will happen to INGO.
    If you're fat and happy, fine. I could care less if you double fist Big Macs every meal.
    If you're fat and un happy, do something about it or find peace with your weight problem.
    PMing a mod is ridiculous. They have enough things to take care of on this site.
    :crying:

Top Bottom