• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    At about 4:30 am this morning, a neighbor and someone I don't know are right outside of my door yelling and arguing. It turned physical relatively quick and they hit my door a couple times, but I don't think it was on purpose. At the time I couldn't tell if they were trying to break in or what so I called 911 and had my firearm close by in case they broke down the door. As soon as the cops showed up they scrambled back into the apartment next to mine. They knocked on their door and no one answered, so the police left without incident. It was a little scary but I'm glad I was ready just in case they didn't arrive in time. What would you have done in that situation? I'm pretty sure I did the right thing.

:):........try 'is next time.........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4glYPSvI4

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    What leads you to believe that they are doing criminal activites? I had a situation (not sayin its the same as your) in our subdivision where the house diagonally across the road with suspected by several neighbors of dealing drugs. Cars would come and go after just a five minute stop at the house. Friday was the big day for an increase in traffic. I to stayed out of their business until a van pulled into the driveway and two guys got out. One guy pulled out a gun from his rear 6:00 position and attempted to kick in the front door. My kids were in the driveway playing basketball and would have been in the line of fire had a gunfight taken place. I shouted to my kids to get into the house. The two guys heard me as well and fled.

Now they crossed the line and put my family in harms way. I called LEO and told them what happened. I also told them that they must know what what going on at the house and they agreed that they knew and was watching the house. Within a month the guy and girl were both arrested and gone from the neighborhood.
    +1 for the Drug Task Force. :rockwoot:

victimless crime....way to hate the constitution/founders/insert your own hyperbole here.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    the lease is up in 6 months. According to the property manager's rep, they already have multiple complaints and are very close to getting evicted from the complaints. Other than that neighbor I have absolutely no other problems.

You did the right thing. If it were me, given you like your neighborhood and have no other issues, I would ride it out, not confront them or create any confrontations. Sounds like they have almost enough rope to hang themselves. It shouldn't take long. Except for the eviction process is super slow apparently.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    victimless crime....way to hate the constitution/founders/insert your own hyperbole here.

Thanks Destro :)

I'm glad we both agree on the following:
    That it was good that my kids were not a victim that day.
    The 55 Constitution Founders did an awesome job
    And a gazillion thanks for your great post.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Fightin' over the Butterfingers, again?
    bart-simpson-generator-butterfinger.gif

It is Halloween!!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    At about 4:30 am this morning, a neighbor and someone I don't know are right outside of my door yelling and arguing. It turned physical relatively quick and they hit my door a couple times, but I don't think it was on purpose. At the time I couldn't tell if they were trying to break in or what so I called 911 and had my firearm close by in case they broke down the door. As soon as the cops showed up they scrambled back into the apartment next to mine. They knocked on their door and no one answered, so the police left without incident. It was a little scary but I'm glad I was ready just in case they didn't arrive in time. What would you have done in that situation? I'm pretty sure I did the right thing.

Are you seeking validation for your choices or asking for another take on it now that you aren't in the middle of it?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    You did the right thing. If it were me, given you like your neighborhood and have no other issues, I would ride it out, not confront them or create any confrontations. Sounds like they have almost enough rope to hang themselves. It shouldn't take long. Except for the eviction process is super slow apparently.

In Indiana the landlord has all of the rights. Eviction for renters is quite quick compared to homeowners.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Are you seeking validation for your choices or asking for another take on it now that you aren't in the middle of it?

A little of both. I did what I thought was the right thing when the adrenaline was going, and now I can step back and look at it now that it's over.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

This is exactly what I'm going to do. Any more problems that warrant a call to LE will be called. Of course, I'll be armed at all times in my place if SHTF.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    In Indiana the landlord has all of the rights. Eviction for renters is quite quick compared to homeowners.
    I know. People comment all the time that it takes forever to evict. I don't know what method they're trying, but I've always been able to get an eviction completed within the working timetable of the court. I think the one I end up in the most has a 2 week timeframe for the tenant to vacate. I got an emergency one requiring the tenant to vacate in 3 days!!!! It's easy to get one if the lease is solid and the violation is clear.

A little of both. I did what I thought was the right thing when the adrenaline was going, and now I can step back and look at it now that it's over.
    Okay. Just curious.

Top Bottom