• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I still think McCormick Spice’s Old Seasoning blows everything else out of the water!
    I like Old Bay but give this a try and get back to me. Love it.

Not a chance Mike. When one is out of McCormicks your go to is
    J.O. Spice Crab Seasoning. Both companies are Maryland staples.
    When combined they have over 200 years of bringing spices to the masses.

Whats next, are you going to tell us that this is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever?
    Untitled.jpg

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    If you can afford to buy spices from specialty houses then the economy is not near as bad as some would have you believe!

Just shows my roots I guess. I would never even think to look for a spice "speciality" house.
    Well, this is one of those things. If it's not a priority for you that's cool. Some people want H&Ks some people want Glocks. It's a just a matter of preference. Some people will only carry $4K custom 1911s. I like 1911s but high end custom builds are not a priority for me. I don't think any less of people who do like those builds though.

Buy what you like and be happy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not a chance Mike. When one is out of McCormicks your go to is
    J.O. Spice Crab Seasoning. Both companies are Maryland staples.
    When combined they have over 200 years of bringing spices to the masses.

Whats next, are you going to tell us that this is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever?
    View attachment 379001
    Have you tried the Spice House blend? No you haven’t, but you have an opinion. That others could make a tasty spice blend is not possible in your world but it is in mine as I am not locked into an orthodoxy.

Truth is McCormicks didn’t invent Old Bay, they bought it in 1990. And it was created by a Jewish immigrant that escaped a concentration camp, they bought it after he died.

Last edited:

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Have you tried the Spice House blend? No you haven’t, but you have an opinion. That others could make a tasty spice blend is not possible in your world but it is in mine as I am not locked into an orthodoxy.

Truth is McCormicks didn’t invent Old Bay, they bought it in 1990. And it was created by a Jewish immigrant that escaped a concentration camp, they bought it after he died.

In the immortal words of Frank Herbert, “He who controls the Spice, controls the Universe.”

Shots Fired, Mike.

Let the Spice Wars begin!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Nope. Haven't tried gay sex either as I am locked into Orthodoxy. I do have opinions on things I haven't tried.

I haven't dropped acid, tried cocaine, heroin or mushrooms.

Reminds me of my youth. I did not like beets. Mom's line was well you haven't tried them this way....guess what ? I never did like them.

So I have opinions on things I haven't tried, things I've tried multiple times.

I would think we have that in common.

Funny thing is now I like beets....so who knows.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Nope. Haven't tried gay sex either as I am locked into Orthodoxy. I do have opinions on things I haven't tried.

I haven't dropped acid, tried cocaine, heroin or mushrooms.

Reminds me of my youth. I did not like beets. Mom's line was well you haven't tried them this way....guess what ? I never did like them.

So I have opinions on things I haven't tried, things I've tried multiple times.

I would think we have that in common.

Funny thing is now I like beets....so who knows.

It's a slippery slope from beets, to pickled beets, to cocaine... be careful.

rick-james.gif

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Okay spice snobs....I bought this last year.....

Great idea and space saver BUT lids don't tighten down very well. So when you grab one to pull it out of the rack you may just get a lid.

Any better ideas out there other than me hand crimping the lids which worse for 2 or 3 uses?

Works on most but salt, pepper, garlic etc that I use often always loosen back up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So MLK day is Republicans are racist day?

So in the liberal mind half of the country is racist?

When the Democrats were and are the true racist.

Rich people only buy rich people’s spice's you bunch of snobs acting like Democrats.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Okay. I MIGHT try it. Do you mean cheaper than Kroger brand or Mccormick or Spice Island
    Generally I buy flat packs to refill bottles I already have, including some old bottles from McCormick or SI. They will give you bottle labels free when you order. I have generally found their spice prices conmpettitve with grocery prices. They don’t have the overhead and shipping costs grocery stores do. Spice House is a small business, when I ordered I talked to a nice human.

They also have proprietary blends that are great. The Lakeshore Shallot & Herb is awesome in eggs, on sandwiches, to make sauces from mayo or sour cream. Try it out. Great for those that are looking for flavor instead of salt.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rich people only buy rich people’s spice's you bunch of snobs acting like Democrats.
    Poor people have poor ways…

What does that mean, they buy bay leaves at Kroger for $4.49 for .14 oz, when they could get world class bay leaves from SH for $3.99 for .20 oz in a similar jar or $3,79 in a free shipped flat pack.

Kroger is .32 cents a unit, while SH is .20 cents a unit. Kroger is over 50% higher than SH and quality is great.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Generally I buy flat packs to refill bottles I already have, including some old bottles from McCormick or SI. They will give you bottle labels free when you order. I have generally found their spice prices conmpettitve with grocery prices. They don’t have the overhead and shipping costs grocery stores do. Spice House is a small business, when I ordered I talked to a nice human.

They also have proprietary blends that are great. The Lakeshore Shallot & Herb is awesome in eggs, on sandwiches, to make sauces from mayo or sour cream. Try it out. Great for those that are looking for flavor instead of salt.

Is this the day I admit INGOMike has bested me?

Top Bottom