• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, it's still early on and the dems haven't settled on a candidate, but Pence has gone from a shoo in to only leaning likely to winning. Any more missteps on his part and he could lose the election to a dem. I do have to say I disagree with the articles take that Pence still has the full support of the TEAvangelicals. Lots of those very people lambasted him when he abandoned their version of RFRA for something less than they wanted. I'm not sure that he can count on as many of those voters as he thinks he can. Many of them will stay home on election day rather than vote for a man whom they consider a traitor to their cause.

UPDATE: Pence re-election chances drop in new ratings : Politics

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    What do you think of Pence? I am still new to IN politics. I have only lived here about 2yrs and still work in Chicago so im well versed on IL political debacle but I know very little about IN. And the few people I talk to on the train are democrats that think Pence is the scum of the universe. They also think bush and obama have followed diff agendas so goes to show.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What do you think of Pence? I am still new to IN politics. I have only lived here about 2yrs and still work in Chicago so im well versed on IL political debacle but I know very little about IN. And the few people I talk to on the train are democrats that think Pence is the scum of the universe. They also think bush and obama have followed diff agendas so goes to show.

I don't particularly care for the man. He's managed to skate by so far by riding the coattails of his predecessor. The few times he has actually done something on his own it's usually been something inconsequential or he's gone the ham handed route and totally screwed things up by listening to the wrong people. Then he's had to scramble to fix what he screwed up. He's not done anything really notable for the state, as yet (and, if his history is any indicator he won't). He's a mediocre politician and panders to a dying base. The Indiana republicans could do better. It wouldn't bother me at all to see him have a primary challenger, as long as they were a decent candidate who followed the Daniels playbook. But, it's not likely to happen. Sad to say.

If you want to meet Libertarians in Porter county you could try contacting the Porter County LP on Facebook. Karl Tatgenhorst runs things up there and he's a pretty nice guy. He ran for secretary of state last go around. They probably have monthly meetups.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/147530472056014

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hmmm...maybe you could email him, then. Go to the LPIN.org page and look under About>Officers. He's also the state vice chair. I'm sure he'd be pleased to hear from you!

Peter Potamus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Pence will win easily. That is a given.

As for Pence as a politician....he's a true conservative Republican stuck in a job that has no real power. The role of Governor in Indiana is largely ceremonial, as the true power lies with the Indiana General Assembly. Pence is obviously in the job as a stepping stone to another office. At one time, it appeared that he would be a candidate for the GOP nomination for POTUS in 2016.

Indiana and the U.S. could do a lot worse than Pence. I think the long-term game plan is the Senate in 2018 (easily defeating Donnelly) and the White House in 2024 (he would be age 65 on election day.) We can only hope. The other alternative will be if the American people, once again displaying their ignorance and idiocy, allow the liberal media to con them into voting for yet another unqualified Democrat for POTUS in 2016. If so, then Pence would likely wait and go directly for POTUS in 2020.

Last edited:

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah if the Republicans do not put a true conservative at there head they will most likely lose. They keep putting these large government garbage like bush, mcCain, and romeny and we all lose.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pence will win easily.

Perhaps. But he will need us and next session we need to shoot the moon.

Yeah if the Republicans do not put a true conservative at there head they will most likely lose. They keep putting these large government garbage like bush, mcCain, and romeny and we all lose.

I don't see how you can say this when the Republicans won the Governorship when Bush, McCain and Romney were running for President.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Sorry I was talking about for POTUS with regards to peter. Not about governorship. I assume that IN is mostly republican and that the NW and Indianapolis areas have not got enough votes to get this state blue YET.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Pence lost both sides during the RFRA fiasco. he's definitely not a leadership material.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Sorry I was talking about for POTUS with regards to peter. Not about governorship. I assume that IN is mostly republican and that the NW and Indianapolis areas have not got enough votes to get this state blue YET.

and if we're lucky that will never happen. democrats are not gun friendly.....especially in the NW corner of the state.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Pence lost both sides during the RFRA fiasco. he's definitely not a leadership material.

I agree completely, with the effect multiplied as more on the right understand that he did not 'lose' on the issue in the sense generally presented but rather was a willful part of an effort to do exactly what was done. The state GOP leadership were in an interesting dilemma given that the people who finance and own them want homosexual marriage and status as a protected class while the people they depend upon to vote for them are generally strongly opposed. They manufactured a sh*tstorm so they could say they did the best they could and then give their owners exactly what they wanted.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    No, he's losing ground across the board, not to some imagined bugbear. He has ground to make up.

No, you don't like him, and you'll dig up whatever you can to reinforce your opinion.
    That's fine, but don't expect very many others to join you in your little delusion.

Top Bottom