PD Training Carbine July 31 (New Castle)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

troy_mp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Getting in touch with Matt Pierce?

Folks,

Anyone have a contact phone number they'd be willing to share for Matt, this event's organizer? I pm'ed and e-mailed him several days ago re: my wanting to attend the class but haven't heard back from him. If you've got such contact info. please pm or e-mail me with it.

In the way of proving my bona fides ... I'm a friend of shooter521's on this forum. And he can vouch for my legitimacy.

With appreciation,

Troy Murray-Plumer

Last edited by a moderator:

troy_mp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Folks,

Anyone have a contact phone number they'd be willing to share for Matt, this event's organizer? I pm'ed and e-mailed him several days ago re: my wanting to attend the class but haven't heard back from him. If you've got such contact info. please pm or e-mail me with it.

In the way of proving my bona fides ... I'm a friend of shooter521's on this forum. And he can vouch for my legitimacy.

With appreciation,

Troy Murray-Plumer

Folks,

Matt kindly called me back this morning and I'm 'a-go' for the event. Looking forward to the experience and meeting new faces. :D

Take care all,

Troy

Last edited by a moderator:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I wish I could of made this. But I'd have trouble affording the ammo both for this and the NFA alumni day as well. That's why I didn't call you. I hope you do it again sometime. I'm sure I'd be able to do it then.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I'm ready to go!

picture.php

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You guys have fun. I took Matt's pistol class back when INGO was first starting up. Can't beat it for the $$.

troy_mp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    A "Best Buy" rating! ;-)

Folks,

My plan is to post a more complete AAR later as I just got home from this event and am, in order, doing guns/gear/grub. Suffice it to say for the time being that this was a well executed and comprehensive primer concerning one learing how to us a carbine as a fighting weapon as opposed, (e.g.), to simply target shooting.

We got ~.5 inches of rain or better on us over the course of the afternoon but that didn't serve to dampen the enthusiasm of the attendees or the dedication of Matt Pierce, Justin Wardlow (sp?) and Brandi (sp?) ___________ [sorry I didn't catch your last name Brandi] in their role as instructors.

The instructors-cadre's bona fides for the topic were beyond repute as all three are active police officers, Matt is certified as a firearms trainer at the police academy and Justin has served in Iraq and is a combat medic. I'll have to let any or all three of them chime in here if I've in any way mischaracterized or overlooked their pertinent achievements. Brandi even took photos on behalf of the group despite having worked third shift the night/morning before. I hope to have my photos posted with my AAR soon. I believe Matt and Brandi's plan is to do likewise with the photos they took so you can all see some action shots.

The class was well attended with ~10+. Everyone was safe, attentive and could definitely see improvements in their skill sets as drills progressed throughtout the day.

We all encoruaged Matt, et. al. to continue with such opportunities as their efforts obviously warrant being rated as a "Best Buy" ala Consumer Reports. The 'Return on Investment' is first rate.

One of the most useful new things I learned was the importance of practicing ... especially the aspects of one's skill set one might otherwise not favor, (e.g.), off hand shooting, reverse prone, etc. These are perishable skills that must be kept up to date with recent, relevant and realistic training.

Thanks again to the instructors' cadre and my fellow classmates for a fun and informative day. :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom