• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Anyone been shooting pistol-caliber rifles much at MCF&G? Just picked up a real nice Ruger PC9 and five stainless mag's at PSS (a fair deal from Bob, as usual) because I thought it'd be practical at <100yd range and maybe a hell of a lot of fun at FNS. It's built like a tank, serious quality here. Anybody shot one of those? This one has a nice trigger... I think someone may have worked on it a bit. Deciding what to do about sights/optics. All input welcome.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Oh, this one says "Police Carbine" on the receiver... I thought that would mean a heavier trigger ;) Anyone know if that's any different than the ones that just say "carbine"?

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I put about 60 rounds through the PC9 today and it ran perfectly. Only downside is its tendency to eat up 15-round magazines so quick :ar15:

My impressions of the rifle are that it's somewhat heavy and has more recoil than I expected, but it makes a nice bark and a nice "DING!" when you hit steel with it :D We were drilling all three of the permanent steel targets at MCF&G which is of course great fun. Also, this is one rugged-feeling piece... "professional grade".

I have to get a proper Weaver base for it so I can mount a red-dot. Not sure if I'll use it or my custom 10/22 at FNS now (I know, tough problem to have :) )

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone been shooting pistol-caliber rifles much at MCF&G? Deciding what to do about sights/optics. All input welcome.

I've shot a Keltec Sub-2000 in 9mm once or twice. At FNS all PCR's are lumped together in one category. So if you can mount an optic, that would probably be to your advantage. While there generally aren't a lot of PCR entries, the times people put up are normally very competitive!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    That's cool... I know the categories are just for reference, but PCR just sounds like a fun concept to me. Maybe it's "more ding per dollar" :)

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Did a little more research on my PC9 and determined it was made smack-dab right in the middle of the first year of production (1996). Other than the barrel band screw, it doesn't appear to have been touched by a tool. Very nice rifle--looking forward to shooting it again soon.

Top Bottom