• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    I've been shooting this stuff since before there was a USPSA and I have a USPSA # in the low 4000's so I've been doing this for awhile. The bigger challenges of 3 Gun and the bickering and nitpicking about minute BS and the like in USPSA lead to me to shooting primarily 3 Gun for the last 20 years. Although I have shot more USPSA lately due to arthritis making 3 Gun matches more difficult, it was PCC that has got me "interested" in USPSA again. Like the man said "We don't have a PCC problem, we have an RO problem". Institute a set of common sense safety rules and hold shooters accountable to act like big boys and girls and quit bickering about it. You don't like PCC then don't shoot it. Don't worry about classifications. Don't worry about combined scores. Pick your division, shoot your division and have fun.........

The future of the shooting sports is in attracting and keeping new shooters and PCC is a viable way to grow the sport. My .02

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I've been shooting this stuff since before there was a USPSA and I have a USPSA # in the low 4000's so I've been doing this for awhile. The bigger challenges of 3 Gun and the bickering and nitpicking about minute BS and the like in USPSA lead to me to shooting primarily 3 Gun for the last 20 years. Although I have shot more USPSA lately due to arthritis making 3 Gun matches more difficult, it was PCC that has got me "interested" in USPSA again. Like the man said "We don't have a PCC problem, we have an RO problem". Institute a set of common sense safety rules and hold shooters accountable to act like big boys and girls and quit bickering about it. You don't like PCC then don't shoot it. Don't worry about classifications. Don't worry about combined scores. Pick your division, shoot your division and have fun.........

The future of the shooting sports is in attracting and keeping new shooters and PCC is a viable way to grow the sport. My .02

Why are you telling people what to shoot and not shoot? An issue is brought up because some people wanted to stay at a certain class in pistol but can't do that if they shoot PCC. The discrepancy in skills is huge because of the mechanical advantage. it's brought up while it's still in provision. If you've shot this sport for a long time then you'd know that there are people who like to shoot multiple division.

No one here is saying PCC should be gone. It just needs to be looked at closer while still in provisional stage to have a better classification system in relation to other pistol division.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Much as I enjoy participating in general *****ing, a couple real things.

Some of the guns are mouse fart quiet, we ended up setting shot timers to maximum sensivity Sunday after a reshoot was required and the r.o.'s made an effort to hustle over and be on top of the gun at the last shooting position. Not sure if running at max sensitivity will be a nuisance long term or if this might create more r.o. traps.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Although Im not a huge fan of PCC. (Yet):)
    Im all for new shooters, bringing back older shooters. Keeping someone interested that has a medical issue shooting pistols.
    This isnt rocket science people.
    Be safe and have fun.
    No need in whining about it.
    Its here to stay!
    Shamless plug for our match
    All PCC Match Aug 26 at ACC. :rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just let me know what ya'll decide. ;)

I guess I should shoot more. It will be nice when it all gets figured out. Every month it's different.

No complaints, thanks for putting up with me. :yesway:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Although Im not a huge fan of PCC. (Yet):)
    Im all for new shooters, bringing back older shooters. Keeping someone interested that has a medical issue shooting pistols.
    This isnt rocket science people.
    Be safe and have fun.
    No need in whining about it.
    Its here to stay!
    Shamless plug for our match
    All PCC Match Aug 26 at ACC. :rockwoot:

I see PCC only!!! Why not Pistol only matches????

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Man!

Why y'all gotta make shooting so complicated? Good thing I choose not to compete.

I get aggravated just reading the rules.:dunno:

^^^this^^^

I would love to participate, but reading through most of these threads, I'll pass. I try to eliminate drama in my life, not seek it out.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Apologies to new people considering coming in. Everyone is helpful and friendly in person. It's hard to understand sentiment in writing. Everyone loves the sport and it can come off wrong on here.

That being said. Please let this thread die. Here's a funny picture of next years controversy to end on.

IMG_3915.JPG

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    ^^^
    What he said. Forum and actually participating in the sport are 2 different things.

There have been a lot of new shooters and they have enjoyed it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Man!

Why y'all gotta make shooting so complicated? Good thing I choose not to compete.

I get aggravated just reading the rules.:dunno:

^^^this^^^

I would love to participate, but reading through most of these threads, I'll pass. I try to eliminate drama in my life, not seek it out.

Come on out and give it a whirl, then you can really know what you are talking about. :)

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Have seen PCC shooters with mags in pocket since they don't have to reload very often they don't even wear belts. Rules say all mags must be carried on belt.:dunno:

^^^^^^
    I see people all the time load their pistol with a mag that comes from their pocket.

Yes they have mags on the belt but the initial load mag comes from the pocket?

Are they breaking the rules ?????

NO. all divisions can load out of their pocket for the initial load.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Why are you telling people what to shoot and not shoot? An issue is brought up because some people wanted to stay at a certain class in pistol but can't do that if they shoot PCC. The discrepancy in skills is huge because of the mechanical advantage. it's brought up while it's still in provision. If you've shot this sport for a long time then you'd know that there are people who like to shoot multiple division.

No one here is saying PCC should be gone. It just needs to be looked at closer while still in provisional stage to have a better classification system in relation to other pistol division.

why do you care if someone shoots PCC and drags their pistol classification up? if it happens its on them, they are the ones choosing what to shoot.

Top Bottom