• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    good buys are hard to find on guns anywhere. i have found out that keep your mind open for several types of gun. a good buy comes around every once in a while. different guns types seem to come in favor and out with fades. a few years ago revolvers were going cheap. now old revolvers are very high. i look for cowboy gun to start selling for a cheaper price.

There's several guns that I'm interested in, and that list grows by the day. I know I can't afford all of them at once, but if I can pick em up here and there, I'll have a collection in no time.

I'm hoping the upcoming gun show yields some deals.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    90% of the guns (and related) I buy are from one specific pawn shop. Enough so I guess it aroused the suspicion of IMPD pawn detail. They called our local police chief and sheriff's department and told them they might want to keep an eye on me due to the amount of transactions!!!! By the way it was not that many transactions. Almost like some sort of gun registration IMO. I didn't appreciate it one bit! Our chief is also my boss. He thought it was funny. I did not!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    90% of the guns (and related) I buy are from one specific pawn shop. Enough so I guess it aroused the suspicion of IMPD pawn detail. They called our local police chief and sheriff's department and told them they might want to keep an eye on me due to the amount of transactions!!!! By the way it was not that many transactions. Almost like some sort of gun registration IMO. I didn't appreciate it one bit! Our chief is also my boss. He thought it was funny. I did not!

Interesting, local LEO's don't have any authority or jurisdiction on who buys or obtains a firearm as long as the seller (pawn shop) is FFL and following the laws ( keeping a log book, proper 4473 form for each gun that leaves the store, back ground check.....etc.). Local LEO's only concern when dealing with a pawn shop should be whether the items that are coming in are stolen or not. I'm surprised that the pawn shop would even share that info unless there was a specific case/investigation that required that info.:twocents:

Reggywill

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Indy (Westside)
    Be aware when buying from pawn shops. Most shops don't test fire the guns at all. I had a relative that bought an AB-10 (why, I will never know) at a pawn shop in Indy and took it home just to find out there was no firing pin in the gun. Not that it was a huge expense to replace, but it sure was frustrating. Be sure to look over everything very carefully before making a purchase. There are still some good deals out there.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Interesting, local LEO's don't have any authority or jurisdiction on who buys or obtains a firearm as long as the seller (pawn shop) is FFL and following the laws ( keeping a log book, proper 4473 form for each gun that leaves the store, back ground check.....etc.). Local LEO's only concern when dealing with a pawn shop should be whether the items that are coming in are stolen or not. I'm surprised that the pawn shop would even share that info unless there was a specific case/investigation that required that info.:twocents:

In Marion County all pawns and purchases go through pawn detail to check for stolen stuff. Eveidentily they track these against names by sheer numbers. None of mine where stolen so it is obvious for whatever reason that they track by the number of transactions. Too many transaction's and they ( at least in my case) notify your local LE agency.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I haven't had any luck with the pawn shops. The prices are usually way out of line. Gun shows are a good place to look for good buys.

The exact opposite has been my experience. I have been going to this particular pawn shop since about 198 They treat me very well. There are benefits to gain from being a repeat customer. I think that holds true for pawnshop and gun shops.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Totally not cool. What are they doing wasting time in this fashion. I can show them at least 6 areas that drug deals and prosty's solicit on a regular basis. I guess those are not worthy of them. Oh, I get it. LEO is safe in front of a computer screen making calls and ratting people out instead of cruising hot areas. Not slamming LEO just saying, WTF

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Never hurts to look, at the worst you will spend a little time looking at guns which is recreational in itself. The sales staff might not be as knowledgeable as your local gun shop, the firearm might not have been checked for proper operation and the price could be much higher(or hopefully lower) than typical. It will require more knowledge on the customer's part.

Top Bottom