• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I've been considering looking at the pawn shops in the area. I've never actually been in one, not sure if it's worth my time.

Anyone here go gun hunting at pawn shops? I realize you have to know what you're looking for and the values but other than that, is it worthwhile?

Gritch

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Portage
    I would try the pawn shop on Route 20 in Portage. Sorry cant think of the name. Might also want to try Sports Lair on Central Ave. in Portage. I know a few people who got good deals there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The one on US-41 (Indianapolis) in Hammond near woodmar mall only has a limited selection of long guns from what I last saw a few months back. Not sure if they had any handguns. Its a big mess in there.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    There's two that I know of in Lake Station. One is right on Central Ave and I believe it's called Cash Indiana. The other is in the intersection of central and 51, don't know the name.

Don't bother with either one. They used to sell firearms but for some reason they stopped selling them. Maybe we're too closed to Gary??...Dunno.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I know there was one pawn shop in Michigan City that advertised guns on the billboard. Don't remember the name but I think it was on 20.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I didn't think you could "pawn" a handgun in Indiana? All I've ever seen were long guns. I guess someone could have sold them to the shop outright though. Definitely know the average prices before buying.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i go to pawn shops quite regularly.see really good deals sometimes.other times their nuts.i found a ruger mini 14 before at one for $400 talked them down to $350.thats a hell of a deal if you ask me.i go to the ones on the southside.they have long guns and handguns.

bhpd4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Burns Harbor
    There is Cash Indiana on US 20 in Burns Harbor. There prices are kind of steep, but they are good people. I have been purchasing online: Gunbroker.com and CDNN to name a few.

Try Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka, Indiana. It isn't a pawn shop, but it is an awesome gun shop. Oh yeh, go to Big R store in Michigan City. They have guns.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Can you pawn handguns? I've only seen shotguns and rifles. I actually called Cash America on the southside before and they don't do handguns, but do very small loans on shotguns and rifles.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Can you pawn handguns? I've only seen shotguns and rifles. I actually called Cash America on the southside before and they don't do handguns, but do very small loans on shotguns and rifles.
    In Indiana you cant "pawn" a handgun... you must sell it to the shop directly, and they have to wait (i think) 72 hours before they can put it out for sale. They do sell both handguns and long guns at the pawn shop (west side loan, not cash america) at 10th and Tibbs in Indy

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I don't see why a handgun couldn't be sold outright to an FFL that happens to also have a pawn shop. However, as I understand it, a loan can't be secured by a handgun in Indiana. So a handgun couldn't be "pawned" in that sense. Sold yes. Used as collateral for a loan, no.

IC 35-47-4-2
    Loans secured by handguns
    Sec. 2. A person who makes a loan secured by a:
    (1) mortgage;
    (2) deposit; or
    (3) pledge;
    of a handgun commits a Class B misdemeanor.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Are there any others in Indy? I knew about the one on Meridian near downtown... haven't really looked for any others. I'm broke enough as it is. LOL

Top Bottom