• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    The training world has experienced a huge loss. Tragically, Paul Gomez passed away a few days ago. The word has publicly been posted on Facebook, so I thought it was finally appropriate to share it here.

Paul’s encyclopedic knowledge of the history of all things defense related, his dry wit and his devotion to lesbian folk singers will be what I will always remember about him. His friendship meant more to me than I can express. He and I spent hours and hours discussing and debating the minutia of how to best prepare students to be able to defend themselves.

Paul was an amazing individual and the world lost a very special person when he left us.

I will miss him.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    OMG! What happened?

RIP, Paul. We are surely diminished by your passing.

Here's a pic of Paul enjoying himself at a fun shoot with some mutual friends of ours "back in the day" (circa 2003):

Playland2003018.jpg

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I just watched a 45 vs 9 video of Paul's last night. He had been sharing an awesome amount of knowledge on INGO the past several months and I was looking forward to meeting him someday. How tragic!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    What was his screen name? I'm sorry, but I didn't know him by Paul Gomez. It sounds like he was a great guy. Prayers going out for all who are affected by this loss.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    The training world has experienced a huge loss. Tragically, Paul Gomez passed away a few days ago. The word has publicly been posted on Facebook, so I thought it was finally appropriate to share it here.

Paul’s encyclopedic knowledge of the history of all things defense related, his dry wit and his devotion to lesbian folk singers will be what I will always remember about him. His friendship meant more to me than I can express. He and I spent hours and hours discussing and debating the minutia of how to best prepare students to be able to defend themselves.

Paul was an amazing individual and the world lost a very special person when he left us.

I will miss him.

Sorry you've lost a friend, Shay.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wow. I really enjoyed all the free info that Paul posted on here. I believe that INGO was very lucky to have him as a member.

RIP Paul.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Interesting to note Paul joined INGO back in 2008. That was very early on! It was just fairly recently that he started contributing fantastic information. He will be greatly missed!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeager just posted that it appears to have been diabetes related.

Sad reminder for those of us letting our own boddies head towards that disease while he was fit and strong.

Top Bottom