• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Wah.....They don't have to cheat to win (even if they do). They're just that good. You may not like it, but it's true. Break up the Yankees!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, Tomlin gets to listen in on the Patriots, but then how does that help Belicheat?

It could have been a simple cross over but also a sign there was some nefarious activity afoot.

If Tomlin does not does not know their signals/play calling code it would do him no good at all.

I am sure the Pats know the codes for every team they are scheduled to play

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    During the first half, Tomlin (and the rest of the Steelers staff) was listening to the Patriots "play by play" radio broadcast team - like he was a Patriots fan listening to the game being called by the Patriots radio announcers. Not the Patriots coaching staff.

There's an equity rule in place, and if one team has communication out, both teams lose it; however, supposedly every time a NFL official would come and check the Steelers communications, there wasn't a problem. The moment they walked away, the problem would start again. So, the Patriots got to keep using their headsets.

IMO, the Patriots have a track record of this sort of stuff. And with the recent ESPN report suggesting even further cheating by the Patriots, this just seems to be par for the course for them.

I've also read today that the NFL doesn't bring the headsets onsite to each game. Instead, the headsets are passed out at the beginning of the season and the home team's control the headsets for the stadium, and a NFL official will test before the game. This goes against what is being reported today, so there is conflicting info out there on who controls the headsets.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I honestly don't think the Patriots would be dumb enough to do something nefarious the first game if season, after all the attention they got in the off season.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    The NFL released a statement that said the patriots did nothing wrong (This time) as the NFL issued the headsets to both teams and the issue affected both teams. The Patriots just didn't cry as loud as the Steelers.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Michael Strahan went on record this morning saying that players unions have contracts with the NFL regarding discipline and the NFL has a system that works. He said that he considers Tom Brady a friend, but no player should be able to sue in court to get suspensions or other disciplinary actions overturned. He said that players know the rules and have to follow them and lawsuits undermine the authority of the NFL. He also said that the Patriots have a great team with great players and don't need things like this to win games. What he didn't say is that top quarterbacks can afford to sue for things like this.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A quote from the article...

"The Patriots earned this. They stepped over the line so many times that their credibility is gone. People will always think they’re cheating now, no matter what."

That about covers it.

The Patriots not cheating is like a Clinton telling the truth; it might happen once in a while, but you aren't sure you believe it when it does.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you guys serious? Does no one listen to the game commentary? Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth reported on that during the broadcast. They said that a Patriots radio broadcast was bleeding into the Steelers headsets during the first half and the Patriots also turned off their headsets until the audio was fixed.

I suppose you think the Patriots won because they hypnotized the Steelers into forgetting Gronk's number. They sure didn't seem to know where the **** he was all night.

Oh well, what the ****. People loves them some villains. I guess the NFL can start copying the scripts of daytime soaps so people can get a better drama fix.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Patriots would've won whether they cheated or not anyway so it doesn't really matter if they did or not.

Maybe the Steelers just stink

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Patriots would've won whether they cheated or not anyway so it doesn't really matter if they did or not.

Their defensive coordinator needs a kick in the ass. I think I saw them blitz maybe 3 times all game, and two of them were pretty successful. And like I said, it was like Gronk was invisible for most of the game.

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    It is hard for people to accept that the Patriots are not cheating during any game after so many accusations the last several years. They are a good team and I wonder if their wins are from player/coach talent, or cheating. I personally do not like the Patriots but will acknowledge that Brady is one heck of a quarterback.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

I agree they would have won either way...just like with Colts game last year with deflategate.....but it does matter if they cheated....cheaters dont always win but doesnt make it right.

Top Bottom