• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I won an auction for a Browning Maxus over the weekend and usually have Favre's Gunshop here in Terre Haute do my transfers, but they are out until the 12th on vacation. A buddy of mine recommended Patriot Arms so I gave them a call to see how much they would charge. The guy comes back and says 15%, where I respond with a "Wow, that is quite a bit more than I was expecting, but thank you anyway." He goes on to belittle me for being surprised and that they can beat anyones prices(which I know from experience they can't).

I don't mind paying the usual $25-35 for the service, but $150 for a few minutes of paper work is way too much. I knew there was a reason I didn't deal with them in the past.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Wow, that is a lot for a simple transfer. Are any Patriot arms guys on here to give a response?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    wow.....glad I have seen this.....I had seen a couple of guns they had posted on hoosier topics.....I was going to look at this weekend.......I don't care if it was to save me 30 bucks......I would never buy from a place that tries to rob a guy, just because he obviously found a better price........

-1 for patriot arms

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I had the same experience with them and posted it here a while back. If you want ffl transfers in Terre haute, try Terre haute sporting clays. They are more than happy to do it for $25.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    ^^^^this. I worked with Terre Haute Sporting Clays for a transfer recently and they were great! Actually, I just talked to them today, and while they are mainly a range/sporting clays place, they are also going to start carrying some additional toy inventory to tempt you if you visit. Some very, very nice 1911s.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I thought about calling them, but figured you had to be a member for them to do it. I ended up using Ft. Sackville Guns in Vincennes. I do most of my shooting in Bruceville, so figured it was close, and I have used them before. Definitely won't give Patriot the time of day for anything ever again.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I won an auction for a Browning Maxus over the weekend and usually have Favre's Gunshop here in Terre Haute do my transfers, but they are out until the 12th on vacation. A buddy of mine recommended Patriot Arms so I gave them a call to see how much they would charge. The guy comes back and says 15%, where I respond with a "Wow, that is quite a bit more than I was expecting, but thank you anyway." He goes on to belittle me for being surprised and that they can beat anyones prices(which I know from experience they can't).

I don't mind paying the usual $25-35 for the service, but $150 for a few minutes of paper work is way too much. I knew there was a reason I didn't deal with them in the past.

So I have not as yet ordered a gun and had it shipped to an FFL, but does the transferring FFL see the purchase price some where? Basically asking how would they know the selling price?

I'd tell him it was being shipped to me by an out of state family member for the grand total of $0 :D

Top Bottom