• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Edit; that came off as a little pretentious. Let just say I've given gun gifts to family.
    Good on you OP. Well done.
    And yes that came off just a tad pretentious, but I get it.

I built a few 1911's as legacy pieces for my kids. All modified to the 9's and slick as snot. Each one has the recipient's name laser engraved on it. I avg out the cost for the 3 of them and it was up there. Especially since 1 (daughters) was a brand new DW Valor I had only fired 3 mags through for function test. It is a slick piece. The SIL got a worked over SA TRP in stainless.
    My son received much the same. Cost never entered into my thoughts until I was done. Even then I just smiled as I was able to do this for them.

I built CKW a CZ Shadow with all the goods. The Wizard did the internals and AllenM did the machine work and color. She picked the colors, so I am not accountable. It's a really nice piece.

Gifting a gun to loved ones is in fact an act of love.

CKW's CZ. It's not complete in the pic.

D33450F0-B2B6-4A4C-98AD-60DB9659281A.png

Last edited:

Hunter12166

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Muncie
    So my son turns 20 tomorrow, and he’s been wanting another gun. My father in law left me his Security Six when he died. I was racking my brain to get him a gun, and realized it was just sitting in the safe, so Happy Birthday to him..
    Yes he is planning on carrying it!
    Great birthday gift I'm sure he will love it.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Nice job!!
    I too feel it is an honor to pass things of value on to the next generation. I have given my SILa nice S&W handgun, Win lever action 45 Coly, and a Remington 3006. Grandsons have both been given shotguns that were owned by the family for awhile.

Reworking a JM Marlin 44 mag for daughter #2. She will get the Win Legacy lever action when I am done with it. She started shooting it 10 years ago while home and is good with it.

Don

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I appreciate the feedback, I loved that I was passing it on, I just kept thinking it was just sitting in the safe, and that I intended to give it to him when I passed ( Years, and years from now God willing!) So, why not now...I was a bit apprehensive when he said he wanted a car gun, but it's his now ( he just has it in his car when working, he removes it at night)...and he actually carried it the other night, it will get the right amount of love, as it should...Again, thanks all, I didn't post to get the accolades, but they're nice too!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    What a nice gift for your son. I'm sure he will enjoy it.

PS: I also available for adoption if you have any more nice revolvers to hand down in the family! LOL!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    What a nice gift for your son. I'm sure he will enjoy it.

PS: I also available for adoption if you have any more nice revolvers to hand down in the family! LOL!
    Unfortunately I'm low on revolvers...I need to bump those numbers up...I find myself lately drooling over revolvers...I've had bottom feeders for so long, the simplicity of the wheel gun is drawing me in..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom