• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If it is like some safes with digital combos the battery pack can be removed and there is a key that can be inserted to open the safe. Ask your Aunt if there is a strange looking key anywhere that she doesn't know what it goes to.

This is true because dad has a liberty with the electonic lock. I have the combo and know where the emergency key is,

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    Inquiring (nosey) minds need to know man! Any goodies in the gun safe? :D

Found some good stuff. Here goes: A set of golf clubs, a few hats, a .22 rifle, an ice scraper, an IU wind breaker, golf hat, baseball hat, tobaggan hat, five pocket knives and their wedding license.

This might sound weird to most, but we were half expecting to find more odd stuff than this in there.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Found some good stuff. Here goes: A set of golf clubs, a few hats, a .22 rifle, an ice scraper, an IU wind breaker, golf hat, baseball hat, tobaggan hat, five pocket knives and their wedding license.

This might sound weird to most, but we were half expecting to find more odd stuff than this in there.

Hats, windbreaker, ice scraper? Interesting. Must be collectables?

I was hoping for like, AR-15, Beretta 92, Full Auto Mac 10 maybe??? :dunno:

Thanks for sharing!!!

ballisticmike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    quite a tale of high adventure. Perhaps you could fashion it into a movie script, except that... when you put on one of the magical hats.... all hades breaks loose for reasons not yet understood. I mean, SHTF is triggered first regionally then globally. Dont dismiss these hats. Jus sayin.. ;) All kidding aside, some of those items will be treasured momentos to you and your family.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    quite a tale of high adventure. Perhaps you could fashion it into a movie script, except that... when you put on one of the magical hats.... all hades breaks loose for reasons not yet understood. I mean, SHTF is triggered first regionally then globally. Dont dismiss these hats. Jus sayin.. ;) All kidding aside, some of those items will be treasured momentos to you and your family.

Or had Geraldo host the opening of the safe ;)

Still a good story and sounds like you have a functioning safe which is a good thing.

ballisticmike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Or had Geraldo host the opening of the safe ;)

Still a good story and sounds like you have a functioning safe which is a good thing.

Geraldo :laugh: good one. Heres a true story. We were reno-ing an old mansion in the most upscale neighborhood in Vancouver. Prolly 4000 sq ft, 100+ yrs old. Anyway we were gutting the inside completely... all the lap and plaster was coming out. Were in a large room upstairs tearing into a wall and guess what we uncovered... a small wall safe that was completely plastered over. The door on it was about maybe 12 x 12 inch. I grabbed an extra large sledge hammer that was nearby. I lined up that safe in a mock golf swing as a practice. Then i raised that sledge to the ceiling and with one mighty golf swing blasted the door of the safe to kingdom come. The door was completely inside the safe shape like a potoato chip:rockwoot:. Expecting same old gold coins or who knows what... alas.. there was a solitary piece of paper that had little meaning. :dunno:

sptland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Howe, IN
    Do you mind mentioning what it cost to fix? I have an S&G mechanical lock that "quit" accepting the combo -- trying to figure out what the problem could be - but i'm almost @ the point of contacting a safe tech! thanks -

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    thumbnail.aspx
    thumbnail.aspx

AhhhhhhhhhHHhRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

thumbnail.aspx

:D:D:D:D:D:D :ar15: :banana::banana: :ingo:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Do you mind mentioning what it cost to fix? I have an S&G mechanical lock that "quit" accepting the combo -- trying to figure out what the problem could be - but i'm almost @ the point of contacting a safe tech! thanks -
    Try going through all combinations with one number off one or two places to either side of the one it is supposed to be. It is possible that the numbers "slip" sometimes.

So if your combination is 12-65-79-43 you will want to try
    11-65-79-43
    13-65-79-43
    12-64-79-43
    12-66-79-43
    12-65-78-43
    12-65-80-43
    12-65-79-42
    12-65-79-44

And if those don't work then try 2 numbers off
    10-65-79-43
    14-65-79-43
    12-63-79-43
    12-67-79-43
    12-65-77-43
    12-65-81-43
    12-65-79-41
    12-65-79-45

If those don't work then you can try combination/variations of the above in the case that 2 (or more) numbers slipped. But that is unlikely.

The above should cover a good number of failures.

If you do happen to get it unlocked do not lock it again until the lock dial is checked out by a competent lock-smith to correct the problem.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I happen to sell Liberty safes and know for certain that if you contact Liberty one of their technicians will come and open up the safe for you so long as it was registered. If it happens to not be registered, then plead your case. I have heard of this same situation happening and they opened it anyway

Sorry, just read the rest of your posts. Too bad there wasn't any old nice guns! Glad you got it opened though

Last edited:
    Top Bottom