• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Thanks a bunch. I appreciate that and I will check the site this evening.
    Have a great day.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ahhh... the Firestar. I used to have one of those. I'm strongly considering jumping on Gunbroker in the not-too-distant future and picking another one up (that's the only place I ever see them for sale). I miss it. It was a great little gun, and I'm extremely sorry that I sold it.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I feel you, jbombelli! I've owned and carried a "Starvel" finished M43 for over 18 years now. It's all-steel contruction makes it pretty heavy for its very compact dimensions, especially by today's standards, but for me that translates into making it extemely easy to shoot well and quickly with.

Nothing's ever broken on mine in ca. 7,500-8,000 rds. of full-power factory 124 and 147 gr. 9x19 loads and at least as many cast bullet practice reloads. Routine replacements for main, FP, recoil and magazine springs from Wolff and a set of Meprolight tritiums have been all I've needed. Wish that Meprolight still made them, as they're getting sort of dim after 15 or 16 years. Having the lamps replaced looks like it's gonna be a good bit more expensive than it was to buy them new.

Still makes for a very accurate, reliable and durable CCW option, IMHO.

Top Bottom