• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Anyone out there have a part time job where they get to make their own hours? I've been looking for some ideas to make an extra couple hundred a month to fund an AR build and some more shooting time. Lawn care is out because that's my girlfriend's father's job, so he gets all the business.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Depends on what you want to do. A while back I worked part time at Staples. Just told them I was available on Thursday & Friday evenings and they threw me some hours. It was easy work.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    look at a local landscape supply/green house business or even a major retailer. They may just want weekend summer grunt help. Or just put in a few crappy weekends somewhere and get the cash for your build and resign your position.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I did lawn mowing/trimming part-time for almost 8 years. Averaged about $150-$200 p/week. I had a decent 20" lawnmower, and an electric trimmer to start. Upgraded to gas trimmer later.

Basically you can make your own hours. Not bad money for the time/effort involved, IF you pick the right places.

If your girlfriends father gets ALL the local lawn work, then you live in a SERIOUSLY po-dunk town!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    No, he doesn't get all of the work. He did all the lawn care for a company who houses disabled people. Now the company has been sold and he has to rely on getting independent jobs until he finds a new one, so I opt not to be his competitor.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Had a buddy who put himself through college with a deck cleaning/sealing business. He'd line up a bunch of work, rent a power washer and bust his arse for a week. Spend a week selling jobs and then do it again for a week. By the summer before our senior year, he had 4 guys working full time for him doing decks and 2 guys who were sealing driveways.

:twocents:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A friend of my brothers has a booth at a flea market here in town and makes booth rent plus a few hundred a week, just by going around and buying old furniture fixing it up a bit and reselling it for profit. He shows up when he wants, to stays as long as he wants and buys and sells anything he feels like. Seems like an easy few bucks to me.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    No, he doesn't get all of the work. He did all the lawn care for a company who houses disabled people. Now the company has been sold and he has to rely on getting independent jobs until he finds a new one, so I opt not to be his competitor.

Get the business started and give it to him after you get enough for the gun you want.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone out there have a part time job where they get to make their own hours? I've been looking for some ideas to make an extra couple hundred a month to fund an AR build and some more shooting time. Lawn care is out because that's my girlfriend's father's job, so he gets all the business.

Menards and Lowes usually have a need for stockers. I have seen help wanted signs in both.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    A friend of my brothers has a booth at a flea market here in town and makes booth rent plus a few hundred a week, just by going around and buying old furniture fixing it up a bit and reselling it for profit. He shows up when he wants, to stays as long as he wants and buys and sells anything he feels like. Seems like an easy few bucks to me.

ive know a few venders too , but you have to be careful . apparently theres a learning curve as to what to buy and sell , heard of people loosing alot when thinking they could make a buck

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I had a part time job for five years where I could change my schedule on a few days notice of the next weeks schedule being made and get the schedule. Even after the schedule was made, if I found out I had to not work the next week, I could get off. Trying to get back on there, it wasn't fun at the end working there, but the schedule flexibility made it great.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    delivery pizzas in an affluent side of town. Even if you have to drive 45 mins to get there it would be worth it in the extra tips I'm guessing.

Top Bottom