PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    what does the support banner represent?

That you have bought into the site with cash.

You can access the classifieds by either becoming a productive member making over 50 QUALITY posts (not just a bunch of one liners), or pony up the cash to pay for access. (cash=site supporter)

Granted as a site supporter with no street cred, many established members wont deal with you. This aint armslist. Active members use the classifieds here as a safe place to trade. We know who we are dealing with because we have conversed here and have an idea of the character of the other person. For instance I wont do a craigslist meetup without armed company because you just never know who you are meeting. Here? Hell, I've been known to cross ship (send it before the payment arrives) the item because I know who I sold it to and know they are upstanding.

Welcome to INGO.

idealchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    evansville
    thank you for the break down. I've been reading posts and noticed a lot of my short posts or "break room" posts were removed. now it makes sense.
    I'm a quiet person in general so this is going to take a loooong time!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    thank you for the break down. I've been reading posts and noticed a lot of my short posts or "break room" posts were removed. now it makes sense.
    Or don't worry about it and find deals elsewhere?

I've been a member at other sites for 20 years now and probably don't have 50 posts at a majority of them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Plenty of stuff to talk about, my friend. Let me give you a hand. We need all the like minded new members we can get. AND we need the activity in the classys.

What shiny object in the classys caught your attention? Is it a good deal or are we just happy to find one for sale?

Maybe you instead might be wanting to sell some of your stuff. Lets talk about what you have...

How has this crazy pandemic stuff effected you and your habits? What about the rioting? Is that close to your 'hood?

Shoot your guns much? Local range, back yard, indoor, outdoor?

Shooting sports, training, outdoor, survival interests?

Hang in there friend. It won't take long, we'll get you there quick. Remember to elaborate in your answers, at least a couple sentences per.

Welcome to INGO and happy hunting.

There's a lot of good folks here, I think you'll like us. :ingo:

idealchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    evansville
    For roughly .055 cents a day you can skip the long wait.

I considered it but given comments about how lots of members still, wont deal with low post count members, and to me honestly it feels a bit ... contrived, given all the effort around enforcing quality posts and an unmovable 50 post wall. lol sort of like getting a speeding ticket, take the point loss or pay them off to make it go away.

idealchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    evansville
    Or don't worry about it and find deals elsewhere?

I've been a member at other sites for 20 years now and probably don't have 50 posts at a majority of them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

same for me, but i joined here partially to find a reliable and safe market. since the fb groups closed down - its been rough finding reliable people. arms list can be a bit of a ****show.

Last edited:

idealchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    evansville
    Plenty of stuff to talk about, my friend. Let me give you a hand. We need all the like minded new members we can get. AND we need the activity in the classys.

What shiny object in the classys caught your attention? Is it a good deal or are we just happy to find one for sale?

Maybe you instead might be wanting to sell some of your stuff. Lets talk about what you have...

How has this crazy pandemic stuff effected you and your habits? What about the rioting? Is that close to your 'hood?

Shoot your guns much? Local range, back yard, indoor, outdoor?

Shooting sports, training, outdoor, survival interests?

Hang in there friend. It won't take long, we'll get you there quick. Remember to elaborate in your answers, at least a couple sentences per.

Welcome to INGO and happy hunting.

There's a lot of good folks here, I think you'll like us. :ingo:

thank you for the thoughtful reply. if I could get the classifieds I'd gladly talk about it lol!
    I don't want to be someone starting threads that have been gone over 100 times already either.
    like 9mm VS .40 velocity VS stopping power etc

I will take your advice and try to find things relative to conversation where I can!

Triton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2020
    New Albany
    I’m there with you. I’ve created a few threads to start a conversation. Hoping the conversations there will help with the post count. I’m not familiar enough with this community to chime in on threads yet. Yet our goal is the same. Access to the coveted Classifieds.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I considered it but given comments about how lots of members still, wont deal with low post count members, and to me honestly it feels a bit ... contrived, given all the effort around enforcing quality posts and an unmovable 50 post wall. lol sort of like getting a speeding ticket, take the point loss or pay them off to make it go away.
    I would assume aside from seeing the massive classified section you haven't seen how INGO more specifically those of use from the Northwest corner have put on a youth shoot with the DNR every year for what could be 8yrs if its not cancelled. How folks from down state have donated ammo and money for shirts and food through the mule train we use as members travel the state for work or fun. How we volunteer our time and rifles to teach families and first timers the proper and safe way of shooting.

I see you want a reliable place to buy and sell. Just paying the 20 to get in doesn't give me enough to know if you'll show or pull my chain. I've driven across state for a deal because the member here had enough meaningful posts and a good attitude to let me know he wouldnt flake.

Interacting with other members here through the threads and asking questions gives us a better understanding of who you are. It also give you a chance to meet those behind the name in real life and partake in activities you may never of tried. We have plenty who pay the 20 and are never seen again except in the classifieds.

idealchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    evansville
    I would assume aside from seeing the massive classified section you haven't seen how INGO more specifically those of use from the Northwest corner have put on a youth shoot with the DNR every year for what could be 8yrs if its not cancelled. How folks from down state have donated ammo and money for shirts and food through the mule train we use as members travel the state for work or fun. How we volunteer our time and rifles to teach families and first timers the proper and safe way of shooting.

I see you want a reliable place to buy and sell. Just paying the 20 to get in doesn't give me enough to know if you'll show or pull my chain. I've driven across state for a deal because the member here had enough meaningful posts and a good attitude to let me know he wouldnt flake.

Interacting with other members here through the threads and asking questions gives us a better understanding of who you are. It also give you a chance to meet those behind the name in real life and partake in activities you may never of tried. We have plenty who pay the 20 and are never seen again except in the classifieds.

i haven't even looked at the classifieds yet to be honest. I came here originally looking for info and local events. Shortly after became interested in buy/sell.
    the things you listed are all pretty stand up, and makes me want to be part of some of that community.
    my comment was only directed toward "pay to play" entry fee model. so I followed up saying I respect the status quo regardless.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    i haven't even looked at the classifieds yet to be honest. I came here originally looking for info and local events. Shortly after became interested in buy/sell.
    the things you listed are all pretty stand up, and makes me want to be part of some of that community.
    my comment was only directed toward "pay to play" entry fee model. so I followed up saying I respect the status quo regardless.

I seen that after I posted. There were a few posts made in between my writting.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems like you are insinuating that the ownership of the forum is running a "pay to play" scheme to extract money from new members. Here's the deal. Forums like this cost money to operate and depend on the membership to generate that income whether it be through a site supporter or just being an active participant in discussions that generate more traffic. One way or another we all have a vested interest in this community and are willing to put the effort into keeping it a solid resource for the Indiana Firearm community and beyond.

Come join us. You are welcome here. We all have to follow the same rules and guidelines to participate. This forum has many opportunities for one to make it a great experience if one chooses to put in a little effort.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom