PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    If you just talk to people, like you would meeting them in real life, you can whip right threw it

So where is Woodburn and what do folks down there do?
    That’s kinda what I figured, I appreciate the response

It’s just east of fort Wayne, about 15 minutes from the Ohio border. It’s an extremely small town and people tend to like their shooter over here

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That’s kinda what I figured, I appreciate the response

It’s just east of fort Wayne, about 15 minutes from the Ohio border. It’s an extremely small town and people tend to like their shooter over here
    We just had a meet and eat down in FW a month ago, some brewery type place down town. There are several people down in that part of the country.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    We just had a meet and eat down in FW a month ago, some brewery type place down town. There are several people down in that part of the country.
    That’s great to know, I actually heard about this website from one of your members down here and that’s why I’m here, I’m glad you got to experience one of the downtown brewery’s, I’ve heard great things about them

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That’s great to know, I actually heard about this website from one of your members down here and that’s why I’m here, I’m glad you got to experience one of the downtown brewery’s, I’ve heard great things about them
    It was a little more urban than I am used to, but I figured with a dozen of us, and I assume all of us were armed, I was, it was safe enough.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you just talk to people, like you would meeting them in real life, you can whip right threw it

So where is Woodburn and what do folks down there do?
    I agree. Don't throw away the opportunity. :)

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    It was a little more urban than I am used to, but I figured with a dozen of us, and I assume all of us were armed, I was, it was safe enough.
    Yes I 100% agree downtown is not somewhere I would want to live, but visiting every once in a while is kinda nice, also glad that I love far enough away that I can still shoot in my backyard

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    OR... hear me out here. maybe the rules should not encourage the sprint at all, by imposing logical road blocks such as quantity and time based restrictions! im the time traveler trying to destroy skynet
    Did this work? Dad said we gotta move the discussion.

If so, the classifieds are for members who contribute to the forum, either monetarily or by engagement. They’re not for those who jump in when something that tickles their fancy rolls across the block. Therefore if you have to sprint the classifieds arent meant for you.

They cant put a x amount of posts per hour or day restriction in place, some members like to have actual discussions lol.

If any change were to be made (which isnt going to happen lol) i suggest restricting access to the classifieds so they cant see whats for sale until they get their posts or pony up.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If any change were to be made (which isnt going to happen lol) i suggest restricting access to the classifieds so they cant see whats for sale until they get their posts or pony up.
    I think this is the most prudent suggestion.
    It would alleviate a LOT of headaches for staff, and a lot of butt-hurt for new members.
    "Out of sight-out of mind"
    Of course it would also kill one of the most entertaining and repetitive threads, so let's just forget it, and get back to screwing with the newbies!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think this is the most prudent suggestion.
    It would alleviate a LOT of headaches for staff, and a lot of butt-hurt for new members.
    "Out of sight-out of mind"
    Of course it would also kill one of the most entertaining and repetitive threads, so let's just forget it, and get back to screwing with the newbies!
    It would also kill a lot of draw for the website, which is what the owner wants. More views = more revenue.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Except, the guy that pays the bills uses the classifieds to attract new members, many of whom will stick around when they realize what a sterling group we are.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It would also kill a lot of draw for the website, which is what the owner wants. More views = more revenue.
    I'm not sure about that, but I've been wrong before.
    I found this place completely by accident and had no idea it even had a classified section for the first couple of days.
    I was busy reading...so much to take in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom