• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Grab one of the parking garages close. They have awesome tunnels to get you in. Or you can park in between Lucas Oil and the convention center. Parking is quite a bit but you're right there. The garages will probably be cheaper.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I was talking with a parking attendant at the Simon Garage today. (across from the Convention Center)
    He indicated groups had called ahead requesting blocks of 100 spaces.
    He also mentioned single spaces around their garage
    could go as much as $ 150.00 per day.
    While I would be shocked if that is the going rate, I would expect to pay more
    than normal or wear walking shoes.

This is the largest event of the year for the Indianapolis Convention Center.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can park for free West of the stadium a few blocks, No problem. But the walk back from the Appleseed is gonna suck big green weenies. Might have to grab a cab for that one after a full day on my feet.

maralibis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2014
    fort wayne
    everyone IndyGo is an excellant way to plan a trip such as this Park here at the Target Store take Bus #17 to the convention center ...cost a couple bucks ..Me and my son did this during the SuperBowl

Indy Glendale Target
    6101 N Keystone Ave
    Indianapolis, IN 46220-2488

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Not sure what I am going to do. I will probably try one of the garages first then look into the zoo.

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Park at the Zoo and walk.

^ Probably the best option.

My garage, where I park M-F for work, indicated they will be "special event plus parking" and when I asked what that meant, the parking attendant simply said, "We will be charging at least $40 per day". That cost might be justified as it is right next to the convention center, and such a close location might come in handy if you purchase many armloads of goodies.

Sirindu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indianapolis
    As said above, park at the zoo and walk from there. You'll be rewarded with a beautiful walk (assuming the weather is nice) if you take the path behind the zoo and the White River Gardens, cross the bridge over White River, and then take the Cultural Trail to the convention center. Coincidentally, said beautiful walk is probably one of the most direct routes on foot as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone know how late the zoo lot stays open? Might be handy to know for those going to the appleseed event friday evening.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What side of the convention center are the entrances? Would it be easier to enter from Victory Field on Maryland St., or from South St. and Capitol?

Entrances are pretty much along Maryland starting on the corner across from victory field box office (north side) with a few along the east side (capitol Ave)of the building (the new expansion). There is also a tunnel access from directly across from the Lucas Oil gate on South near Capitol.

matodd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Delphi
    What about handicap parking and access ? I will be taking my father to the convention on Friday , he just turned 90 last week. He is able to walk but not long distances.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    plenty of lots west of lucas oil, most of the garages will prob charge event parking fees which are 25. if your lucky enough to find a meter and have a smart phone download the Parkmobile app. You will be able to add time through out the day from your phone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You should be able to carry at the Zoo.

Yes. a member here called their head of security and was told that while they dont welcome them, they dont go out of their way to search for them.

You shouldnt have ANY issue as long as you are just walking from your car to the trail.

Top Bottom